• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller nullified contract after receiving home inspection results

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwazy4

Illinois. Our lawyer sent the sellers a home inspection results and asked them to fix 4 problems. None of the problems were considered major. The sellers terminated the contract based on this. I had sold my current residence and now am left without a place to move to. Do I have any legal ground against the seller that make the contract still binding?

Rich

HomeGuru

kwazy4 said:
Illinois. Our lawyer sent the sellers a home inspection results and asked them to fix 4 problems. None of the problems were considered major. The sellers terminated the contract based on this. I had sold my current residence and now am left without a place to move to. Do I have any legal ground against the seller that make the contract still binding?

Rich

**A: it would greatly depend on the language in the home inspection/repair contingencies of your contract. Ask your lawyer to advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">