• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller past closing date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mckern

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

The closing date for the sale of my condo was to have been September 4, with changes requiring the written permission of all parties. Last Friday (18th) I learned that the lawyer has not yet requested payoff info--a process that he told me in July would take 10 days. At this point in time, the earliest possible closing date is October 6th.

My realtor never notified me about a change in the date and ignored my email requests for more info--until last week, that is, when she said the closing would be "soon." The buyers were ready to go on the 4th.

I have been packed since Labor Day and I no longer have internet service at my condo. I work from home and will be moving into an apartment that includes wireless internet access in the rent--I expected to be settled in my new place the week after Labor Day. Instead, I'm sitting among boxes and unable to work. And I have no money until the closing.

Compounding the problem, I am in foreclosure and as of September 17th the mortgage company has the right to auction the condo--a fact that the realtor and lawyer were aware of from the beginning. Although the property is not currently listed for auction, this is making an already stressful situation even worse.

Does the realtor have any liability/obligation to me in this situation?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

The closing date for the sale of my condo was to have been September 4, with changes requiring the written permission of all parties. Last Friday (18th) I learned that the lawyer has not yet requested payoff info--a process that he told me in July would take 10 days. At this point in time, the earliest possible closing date is October 6th.

My realtor never notified me about a change in the date and ignored my email requests for more info--until last week, that is, when she said the closing would be "soon." The buyers were ready to go on the 4th.

I have been packed since Labor Day and I no longer have internet service at my condo. I work from home and will be moving into an apartment that includes wireless internet access in the rent--I expected to be settled in my new place the week after Labor Day. Instead, I'm sitting among boxes and unable to work. And I have no money until the closing.

Compounding the problem, I am in foreclosure and as of September 17th the mortgage company has the right to auction the condo--a fact that the realtor and lawyer were aware of from the beginning. Although the property is not currently listed for auction, this is making an already stressful situation even worse.

Does the realtor have any liability/obligation to me in this situation?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: yes so start writing to the broker and meeting with him/her tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">