• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller refuse to release escrow deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

welch4

seller refuses to release escrow deposit

california. we had a sign contract to buy a home. after home inspection found many needed repairs. wrote addendum for credit to do repairs. seller said no. signed cancelation of contract. seller asked for a detailed list of desired repairs. sent list. seller said no. after some time past seller signed their own cancellation of contract, but it said they keep deposit. i know that i have every right to the money and can sue to get it. my question is can i sue them for attorneys fees, court cost, or civil penalties per california civil code 1057.3 ? deposit was for $2500. i do not want to come away with less than i started with or else they will have gotten exactly what the wanted.:mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">