• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller refuses to make repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acepatel

I am in the process of buying a 15yr old townhome in PA from a development company. In the agreement of sale, the seller indicated that they would fix the uneven floor in the hallway. During the walk-thru we noticed the floor was not fixed and the seller said that they are not going to fix it nor give us credit for it. At settlement, the seller wanted us to sign a document stating that the hallway floor will be left as-is (not be fixed). We refused to accept this condition and the seller said that they didn't care because they already had another buyer waiting to buy it with the uneven floor left as-is. The seller is refusing to return my $1000 deposit. How can I get my deposit back? Do I have any remedy for mortgage expense, and the expense of having to move out of my current apartment to another for a short-term until I find another home to buy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">