• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller signed off on repairs now refusing to make the repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homebuyer18201

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I am in the process of purchasing a town-home. The unit is part of a 4 unit town-home. There are no associations. I had an inspection done and several leaks were detected. One of these leaks was on the main water line into the unit and is also the main supply to all the other untis. I completed the reply to inspection report and the seller agreed to repair all of the leaks. He fixed all the other leaks and when I contacted the selling agent about the progress it was stated to me that they was waiting to get a plumber and contact the water company to have the water shut off to make the repairs on the main water line leak. Now 3 days later the seller is stating since it is the main water line and it supplies all of the units he does not want to fix it. I had the mortgage company complete the appraisal and a closing date as been set only because the seller signed off on the repairs. What can I do?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I am in the process of purchasing a town-home. The unit is part of a 4 unit town-home. There are no associations. I had an inspection done and several leaks were detected. One of these leaks was on the main water line into the unit and is also the main supply to all the other untis. I completed the reply to inspection report and the seller agreed to repair all of the leaks. He fixed all the other leaks and when I contacted the selling agent about the progress it was stated to me that they was waiting to get a plumber and contact the water company to have the water shut off to make the repairs on the main water line leak. Now 3 days later the seller is stating since it is the main water line and it supplies all of the units he does not want to fix it. I had the mortgage company complete the appraisal and a closing date as been set only because the seller signed off on the repairs. What can I do?
**A: where is your real estate agent and why is there no HOA? Are there CCR"s recorded on title?

Homebuyer18201

The loan has already been approved and the appraisal and closing date set. If I walk away can I receive funds back from the seller to cover my possible costs owed to the mortgage company?

JETX

If I walk away can I receive funds back from the seller to cover my possible costs owed to the mortgage company?
Can you?? Of course you can.
Will you?? Depends on the EXACT terms of the contract... and whether you are willing to spend the time and money pursuing those funds, in court if necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">