• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller trying to back out of house deal days before closing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ffb6000

What is the name of your state?pa

The seller is trying to back out of sale days before closing. What can I do to prevent this from happening. Several attorneys have advised sue for specific performance. The house may not be worth suing for but the neighborhood is. No other home is for sale. I thought a sales contract is legally binding. I am being advised to show for closing with my check for house.

BradleyS

Show up for closing with your check. At least you will have witnesses to prove that you were ready to perform your side of the agreement when you try to get your earnest money back.

If the seller does not show up. Look for another house if it's not worth pursuing through legal action.

SKWalker

It sounds like you are within your rights to force the seller to sell, if you abided by the terms of the purchase contract and are ready to close. Is there an arbitration clause in your purchase agreement? This could save you money, rather than litigating the case in court. It gets expensive and the lawyers come out the winners (monetarily). Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">