• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller's Concession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buysoon

What is the name of your state? NY

How would I present a seller's concession of 6% in an offer to purchase? I am looking for wording to use in the written document. The seller is for sale by owner.

Is it true that the bank's appraisal must be large enough to cover the purchase price plus concessions?

First Time Home Buyer!

efflandt

If it is for sale by owner, what does that 6% have to do with the seller? You make your offer of what you are willing to pay, and it is accepted, countered, or rejected.

NotSoNew

efflandt said:
If it is for sale by owner, what does that 6% have to do with the seller? You make your offer of what you are willing to pay, and it is accepted, countered, or rejected.
sellers concession is normally to cover the closing costs. you make an offer on their house for what you are willing to pay and also ask for 6% sellers concession which will cover your closing costs, and they are agreeing to take 6% less then what you offered for the house. you must term it that way for the financing. let me go get my contract and see how its worded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">