+ Reply to Thread
    Walktoremember is offline Junior Member

Angry Sellers and Inspector lied

What is the name of your state?FL
    We just bought a house that we're living in now about 7 mos ago. Before we bought the house it was in the addendum that the central air coils were to be cleaned and the house would be cleaned out. We don't know much about Central air, because we didn't have it in our old house. Our realtor had the inspector check the house out before closing and he said it was all set. Plus we never got to see the house before closing. When we moved in, we found a whole pile of broke tile and glass inthe backyard, a broken window and a big hole in the bathroom sink. Now 6 mos later I've been sick off and on for mos bc i have asthma. I found out the coils were never cleaned out and mold caked up in the main machine. This tells me the inspector either didn't check it or the sellers lied. What can I do about this issue now?
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walktoremember
    What is the name of your state?FL
    We just bought a house that we're living in now about 7 mos ago. Before we bought the house it was in the addendum that the central air coils were to be cleaned and the house would be cleaned out. We don't know much about Central air, because we didn't have it in our old house. Our realtor had the inspector check the house out before closing and he said it was all set. Plus we never got to see the house before closing. When we moved in, we found a whole pile of broke tile and glass inthe backyard, a broken window and a big hole in the bathroom sink. Now 6 mos later I've been sick off and on for mos bc i have asthma. I found out the coils were never cleaned out and mold caked up in the main machine. This tells me the inspector either didn't check it or the sellers lied. What can I do about this issue now?

**A: hire an HVAC contractor.