• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sellers and Inspector lied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Walktoremember

What is the name of your state?FL
We just bought a house that we're living in now about 7 mos ago. Before we bought the house it was in the addendum that the central air coils were to be cleaned and the house would be cleaned out. We don't know much about Central air, because we didn't have it in our old house. Our realtor had the inspector check the house out before closing and he said it was all set. Plus we never got to see the house before closing. When we moved in, we found a whole pile of broke tile and glass inthe backyard, a broken window and a big hole in the bathroom sink. Now 6 mos later I've been sick off and on for mos bc i have asthma. I found out the coils were never cleaned out and mold caked up in the main machine. This tells me the inspector either didn't check it or the sellers lied. What can I do about this issue now?

HomeGuru

Walktoremember said:
What is the name of your state?FL
We just bought a house that we're living in now about 7 mos ago. Before we bought the house it was in the addendum that the central air coils were to be cleaned and the house would be cleaned out. We don't know much about Central air, because we didn't have it in our old house. Our realtor had the inspector check the house out before closing and he said it was all set. Plus we never got to see the house before closing. When we moved in, we found a whole pile of broke tile and glass inthe backyard, a broken window and a big hole in the bathroom sink. Now 6 mos later I've been sick off and on for mos bc i have asthma. I found out the coils were never cleaned out and mold caked up in the main machine. This tells me the inspector either didn't check it or the sellers lied. What can I do about this issue now?

**A: hire an HVAC contractor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">