• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sellers lied to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kadog

What is the name of your state? Utah

I purchased a home in september of 03. I based my decision in large part due to the fact the sellers stated they had new AC and furnace installed in June of 03. I had a home inspection and he noticed the furnace didnt have a filter so we asked seller to fix this. We were told it was and inspected and to my knowledge this was taken care of. After moving in I had concerns about furnace and the way it was set up. I had an inspector come out and he told me it was done completely wrong. Turns out the sellers hired someone to do it "on the side" and in addition the equipment was used (new in 1999)and possibly even stolen. The company the installer worked for wont back it because he did it on the side and pocketed the money(they have criminal charges pending against him for this) The sellers are saying they didnt know anything about this which I dont believe is true. Seems to me the sellers should pay to have it redone correctly as they disclosed it was new. Seems to me this is breach of contract and borderline fraud. Any advice or input? Am I on the hook because my inspector didnt find this out?

HomeGuru

kadog said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

I purchased a home in september of 03. I based my decision in large part due to the fact the sellers stated they had new AC and furnace installed in June of 03. I had a home inspection and he noticed the furnace didnt have a filter so we asked seller to fix this. We were told it was and inspected and to my knowledge this was taken care of. After moving in I had concerns about furnace and the way it was set up. I had an inspector come out and he told me it was done completely wrong. Turns out the sellers hired someone to do it "on the side" and in addition the equipment was used (new in 1999)and possibly even stolen. The company the installer worked for wont back it because he did it on the side and pocketed the money(they have criminal charges pending against him for this) The sellers are saying they didnt know anything about this which I dont believe is true. Seems to me the sellers should pay to have it redone correctly as they disclosed it was new. Seems to me this is breach of contract and borderline fraud. Any advice or input? Am I on the hook because my inspector didnt find this out?
**A: how much are we talking here to fix it correctly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">