• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling a Home in Houston Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Burdette

What is the name of your state? Texas

I listed my house with a broker last week. However, this broker does not seem to have the time to reply to my questions. Case in point, my wife is still waiting for information promised. This information should have been delivered by Monday.

The contract states that if we pull or listing from him we could be required to pay his commission.

Question, what information would I need to have to be able to pull my listing without being required to pay for work that did not happen? Is there a time period that I would have to wait before listing my house with another broker? I have put together a time line showing unanswered phone calls and emails, is this adequate?

Thanks for the help.

HomeGuru

Burdette said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I listed my house with a broker last week. However, this broker does not seem to have the time to reply to my questions. Case in point, my wife is still waiting for information promised. This information should have been delivered by Monday.

The contract states that if we pull or listing from him we could be required to pay his commission.

Question, what information would I need to have to be able to pull my listing without being required to pay for work that did not happen? Is there a time period that I would have to wait before listing my house with another broker? I have put together a time line showing unanswered phone calls and emails, is this adequate?

Thanks for the help.
**A: contact the RE regulatory agency.

BradleyS

See answer above......see info below.....

Email: For fastest response, choose from our main Email Addresses page.
For areas not covered by specific email addresses, you may use , but expect a slower response, due to the time needed to route your message to the appropriate area.
Mailing Address: Texas Real Estate Commission
P. O. Box 12188
Austin, TX 78711-2188
Street Address: Texas Real Estate Commission
1101 Camino La Costa
Austin, TX 78752
Map to TREC
Driving Directions to TREC
Phone: (512) 459-6544 or 1-800-250-TREC (8732)

Hours: 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday

Fax: Division Fax Number
Licensing Fax: (512) 465-3913
Education Fax: (512) 465-3989
Enforcement Fax: (512) 465-3962
Staff Services Fax: (512) 465-3908
Administration Fax: (512) 465-3910
Information Svcs Fax: (512) 465-3998

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">