• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling House w/Tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

landlord2b

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am in the process of selling my rental property to an interested party. The house is rented and the buyer wants to have it emptied at time of closing or have the tenant stay and pay an additional $400.00/month. I would rather turn the house over sans tenant but I am half way through a 1 year lease with her. How much notice am I legally required to give her to have her in order for her to vacate the premises ?.What is the name of your state?

What steps must I take to acheive this goal ?

Thanks to all in advance for your help !

seniorjudge

landlord2b said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I am in the process of selling my rental property to an interested party. The house is rented and the buyer wants to have it emptied at time of closing or have the tenant stay and pay an additional $400.00/month. I would rather turn the house over sans tenant but I am half way through a 1 year lease with her. How much notice am I legally required to give her to have her in order for her to vacate the premises ?.What is the name of your state?

What steps must I take to acheive this goal ?

Thanks to all in advance for your help !
Q: How much notice am I legally required to give her to have her in order for her to vacate the premises ?

A: The answers are in your written lease. If they are not there, then your answer is that you may sell the house without the tenant after the tenant leaves. That will be the end of the lease or, if you convince the tenant ($), earlier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">