• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling property of deceased in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

highway6

State: Texas

Hello, I had a question regarding whether I'd be able to sell property or not. In 1987 I purchased 8 different rental properties in the state of Texas, however, I do not live in Texas, I live in New York. In 1997 my husband died, and it was his name that was on the titles of the properties. He did leave a will that has been probated and everything has been left to me. I would like to know if I can sell the properties as they are, or if I have to get his name off the titles of the properties -- and if so, how to get his name off the properties.

Thank you.

HomeGuru

highway6 said:
State: Texas

Hello, I had a question regarding whether I'd be able to sell property or not. In 1987 I purchased 8 different rental properties in the state of Texas, however, I do not live in Texas, I live in New York. In 1997 my husband died, and it was his name that was on the titles of the properties. He did leave a will that has been probated and everything has been left to me. I would like to know if I can sell the properties as they are, or if I have to get his name off the titles of the properties -- and if so, how to get his name off the properties.

Thank you.
**A: if probate has been closed out, the deeds should already be in your name as deeded from the Grantor estate. Check with the probate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">