+ Reply to Thread
    highway6 Guest

Selling property of deceased in Texas

State: Texas

Hello, I had a question regarding whether I'd be able to sell property or not. In 1987 I purchased 8 different rental properties in the state of Texas, however, I do not live in Texas, I live in New York. In 1997 my husband died, and it was his name that was on the titles of the properties. He did leave a will that has been probated and everything has been left to me. I would like to know if I can sell the properties as they are, or if I have to get his name off the titles of the properties -- and if so, how to get his name off the properties.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by highway6
    State: Texas

Hello, I had a question regarding whether I'd be able to sell property or not. In 1987 I purchased 8 different rental properties in the state of Texas, however, I do not live in Texas, I live in New York. In 1997 my husband died, and it was his name that was on the titles of the properties. He did leave a will that has been probated and everything has been left to me. I would like to know if I can sell the properties as they are, or if I have to get his name off the titles of the properties -- and if so, how to get his name off the properties.

Thank you.
    **A: if probate has been closed out, the deeds should already be in your name as deeded from the Grantor estate. Check with the probate attorney.

+ Reply to Thread