• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of limitations for returning earnest money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibeadea

What is the name of your state? AR
I put down earnest money on a house that was trying to get a loan on. I was approved for the loan pending fha approval. The house did not approve the the house and corrections could not be made to the house to meet fha approval. The contract stated that the earnest money should be returned but never has. I need to know when does the statue of limitations run out for getting this money back. It has been over a year and I have not received a dime. :confused:

nextwife

What is your attorney or realtor telling you? Normally, if the buyer and house won't qualify, the realtor will have their client sign a release and they will disburse the earnest money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">