• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Company / Escrow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Homer2big

What is the name of your state? PA
Selling brother's home as the Executor. Title company states they will hold Inheritance Tax in escrow. I requested they do so in an interest bearing account. They do not "normally" do that they said and would look into it.

I can require that, can't I?

Note: I have my brother's estate account earning 5%

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? PA
Selling brother's home as the Executor. Title company states they will hold Inheritance Tax in escrow. I requested they do so in an interest bearing account. They do not "normally" do that they said and would look into it.

I can require that, can't I?

Note: I have my brother's estate account earning 5%
Sounds like a reasonable request to me.

nextwife

IT is not uncommon, due to the higher costs the title company incurs (due to year-end IRS reporting requirments and interest tracking) for the escrow fees to be higher when the escrow is held in an interest bearing account. In our market, for example, a basic hold back or earnest money escrow fee may be $50 to $100 bucks, and double or more that if held in interest bearing. It CERTAINLY can be done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">