• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

undisclosed fire damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thewordqueen

What is the name of your state?TX
My parents bought a thirty year old home 9 years ago and paid it off a few months ago. My husband ventured into their attic today to check for termite damage and instead found extensive fire damage to the rafters of the roof and ceiling joists on mom and dad's house. The attic is a very tight space (less tha 2 feet tall) and this was obviously overlooked by the inspectors, but should have been disclosed by the owner. We have no idea how extensive the damage is, but somehow the home has maintained its structural integrity and not yet fallen apart due to the wood that is literally like charcoal. The home was purchased as "for sale by owner": can the seller or the inspector suffer any repercussions even after nine years?

I have waited a few days and have had no replies to my question, but nearly 40 people have read this. Can someone please give me some guidance?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">