• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undisclosed Fire Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olikolik

What is the name of your state?Ohio

My wife and I purchased our home last August. We have had a few problems with our drywall looking bad and starting to crack and things like this. I figured it was just settling and needed repaired.

Getting to the point, I was reading the forums here and ran across a website for a free CLUE report. I signed up and found out that 8 months before we bought the house, there was a house fire. After looking closer at my walls I realized this is water damage starting to show through due to not so good repairs made by the previous owner. We were never told about any fires or problems with the house before buying. We did not have a inspection, which from reading other posts may be our downfall.

Is there any recourse for us to have water damage that was hidden by paint and cheap drywall repairs fixed the right way, or are we just out in the cold?

Thanks for the help.

pojo2

Do you have a signed disclosure statement by the sellers?

Is this issue covered and responded to by the sellers?

You might need to discuss the issue with an Atty.

As an afterthought that inspection sure looks like it would have been worth every cent you would have paid. You are not alone and it is very sad indeed that people spend this much money without benefit of people who know what they are looking at and for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">