• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unfit living conditions..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cawleywally

What is the name of your state? alabama..we purchased our home 2 years ago and have done extensive work on the property and home...the property ajoining ours is in an estate with 5 siblings that each have a share...when we bought our place the sibling in the home was a single 45 year old nurse who was a joy to have for a neighbor...then her younger brother was released from prison and he need a place to stay so he ran her off and moved in his convicted felon wife and his 3 juvinile deliquent children who have spent most of their school year home on suspention. He has resumed his activity in crysal methaine and the crowd that gathers is unsettling...the children refuse to stay off our property...being witnessed by passerbys after we leave to go places..this is a small community..so yes...people watch...my question is..and I might not be in the right theater but here goes...we can no longer feel safe here...what recourse do we have against the estate next door if we cant get fair market price for our home due to the activities next door?..thank you for your time..

pojo2

He has resumed his activity in crysal methaine

So when you call the police, they must be on probation, what do they say or is this just a suspicion on your part? Call their probation officer and report them

As far as the yard is concerned put up a no trespassing sign, then call the police. But after awhile don't be surprised if the police no longer show up.

I feel for you just as I feel for the owners of a home near me. They have a cute as a button 5 year old home on a corner and near a school. Lot was empty forever after the others were established.

Gorgeous deck and hardwood floor, samll but immaculate little house.

Next door is a house that is virtually falling apart, paint is peeling, gutters falling down, 4-6 broken down cars in the drive, windows broken etc. Guys sit on the porch out FRONT drunk as skunks and still pouring it in all hours of the night and day for that matter.

Now this cute little house was priced at 150K and well worth it and they can not even give it away. Heck no one, including me, will even pick it up as a rental property. They have tried to rent it and everything to no avail. That is how bad this house is next door and no it is not indicitive of the rest of the community either.

Your question is interesting and I hope someone else will come along with a legal basis.

acmb05

cawleywally said:
What is the name of your state? alabama..we purchased our home 2 years ago and have done extensive work on the property and home...the property ajoining ours is in an estate with 5 siblings that each have a share...when we bought our place the sibling in the home was a single 45 year old nurse who was a joy to have for a neighbor...then her younger brother was released from prison and he need a place to stay so he ran her off and moved in his convicted felon wife and his 3 juvinile deliquent children who have spent most of their school year home on suspention. He has resumed his activity in crysal methaine and the crowd that gathers is unsettling...the children refuse to stay off our property...being witnessed by passerbys after we leave to go places..this is a small community..so yes...people watch...my question is..and I might not be in the right theater but here goes...we can no longer feel safe here...what recourse do we have against the estate next door if we cant get fair market price for our home due to the activities next door?..thank you for your time..
I agree with the first answer. If they are on probation I would contact thier probation office. They cannot have contact with a convicted felon while on probation and living with one would definately be against the rules.

Video tape anything you see going on that may be illegal (don't use sound)

Call the police and tell them there is a meth lab in the house. They will be there pronto to check it out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">