• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warranty Deed vs. Quit Claim Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jandj

I live in the state of Missouri. My husband was divorced and awarded the house. His ex-wife was supposed to sign a "Quitclaim Deed", but in the process of my husband and me getting the house "refinanced" and in OUR names, the real estate company told us that all his ex-wife needed to sign was a "Warranty Deed" . . . that THAT was even better than a Quitclaim Deed. A "Warranty Deed" was all his ex-wife has signed over to my husband. There was also a "Warranty Deed" signed by my husband and I "by us to us". Is it still a requirement for his ex-wife to sign a "Quitclaim Deed" as well, or does this "Warranty Deed" resolve any interest his ex-wife may have in our property? Thank you.

HomeGuru

Ex is out of the picture already since a deed was signed transferring all her interest in the property.

A warranty deed is better.

J

jandj

Thanks to HomeGuru

Thanks so much for the your "prompt" answer to my question. This takes a "load" off my mind. I just wasn't sure if there was something legally left "untied" with the Quitclaim Deed issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">