• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When and how can I nullify a contract?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwood

I live in Maryland.

I am selling my home, for sale by owner, in lieu of reciving a call from an agent. I find the agent has been misleading.

We initially did this on contingency of purchasing a new home. After losing the bid, the agent stated we would have no problem finding a new home, but we are.
Closing is July 19th with buyer.

Do I have any recourse to nullify the contract of sale? What are my avenues to stop the movement? What do I need to put in writing?

Thanks

HomeGuru

jwood said:
I live in Maryland.

I am selling my home, for sale by owner, in lieu of reciving a call from an agent. I find the agent has been misleading.

We initially did this on contingency of purchasing a new home. After losing the bid, the agent stated we would have no problem finding a new home, but we are.
Closing is July 19th with buyer.

Do I have any recourse to nullify the contract of sale? What are my avenues to stop the movement? What do I need to put in writing?

Thanks
**A: confusing post.

J

jwood

MD: Hopefully this will add clarity.

I received a call from an agent asking if I was interested in selling my home.

I agreed to sell with a contingency of finding a new home. The same agent who represented the buyer represented me in seeking my new home. The agent told me I would have no problem finding and purchasing a new home. Well the agent has not found me a home.

Additionally, I agreed to leave my refrigerator, washer and dryer for the buyer. The new home I was a "no-brainer" to get had the previously mentioned items. Well I lost the bid on the new home.

I am now told I don't have a contingency. I am told the contract is enforce and due to settle this month.

Is there anyway to get out of this contract?

HomeGuru

Hire an attorney that you should have hired in the first place to review the contract and advise you accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">