• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would I recover any damages in Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousKev

What is the name of your state? NY

I was recently in contract to purchase a coop apartment from an individual who said he had a memo of sale from the foreclosure auction that was held for the apartment.
After after receiving the committment letter from the bank I then applied to meet with the coop board. I was the told by the coop attorney that the seller is not listed on the memo of sale from the auction and no one informed him or the attorney representing the foreclosing bank that an assignment was given. Therefore the seller had nothing to sell to me.The bank then reauctioned the property and sold it to someone else.
My question is there a chance that I will be able to recover any of the $1900 in fees (bank, attorney, appraisal and coop application).

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Q: My question is there a chance that I will be able to recover any of the $1900 in fees (bank, attorney, appraisal and coop application).

A: If all that dough was spent on reliance of what the bad guy set forth in writing, then go for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">