• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong listing price

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mee134

State: Massachusetts

Here's the problem, this house is listed for $134,900, my initial offer was $130K, owner counter offer with full price. I said fine and initialized the changes. My realtor faxed the information to the lisited agent, and he presented the seller the form. Listing agent comes back and said the seller wants the "full price" which the seller was asking $139,900. The listed agent has agreed that a mistake was made. What are my options legally? Can I have the listed agent pay the difference? The house is listed everywhere, and my realtor thought the listed price was $134,900. The house has been on the market for 4 days. This would be my first purchase. Selling a house through the realtor requires signed documents, right? If so, would this be false advertising? Or an attempt to see how much money can they get?

HomeGuru

You have no claim. The advertised price is not by law the price the Seller must accept. In addition, the Realtor already acknowledged the error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">