• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 kids are taken from father because the mother died while he was in jail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

Since your father has an attorney, he should be speaking to his attorney. There are too many variables, too many "don't ask me how/why," I don't knows in your story and your father, I suppose would have the COMPLETE story.

Not to mention, we don't answer questions from children regarding their parents situation. Good luck to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Connecticut
Hi, my name is Jonathan I am the second oldest of 10 kids, don't ask me why my parents decided to have so many kids. In 2002, my father was put in jail for business related charges stemming from several states. Long story short he has been in and out of jail till the month of May 2009. During this time period my mother has passed away from cancer most likely brought because of the stress that she experienced from the whole ordeal. My mom died in 2004, but before she died she did sign over legal guardianship to several people from a nearby church. One interesting thing to note, 20/20 wanted to do a story on this, but one of the guardians refused to let 20/20 film the kids, wonder if there was any personal motives there? Fast forward to 2009 and I am living with my grandmother as well as my sister due to issues with my prior guardians. Almost every kid has changed hands from guardian to guardian, I'm not sure what brought this about. One thing about these families are that these people can talk, they have little meetings where they make mutual decisions against their father and against visitation. Most of the families that the kids are living with do not allow parental visitation. Some families even attempted a termination of parental rights to remove the threat that my father may recover his children. So here are the ages of the kids excuse my memory 21, 19, 17, 15, 13, 11, 9, 7, 5 I'm missing one, but I'm 19 and my sister is 15 and we live with my grandmother on my mothers side. What legal action should my father seek. He is hoping to grab everyone below my 15 year old sister who will probably testify against him in court, because she does not want to live with him. As a matter of fact none of the kids want to live with him, because of what their legal guardians have told them about him, eg; be careful when you visit your grandmother, your father might take you, your father is not a good man and so on so forth. Currently he is living in West hartford with his girlfriend in a home well suited for the children, in a safe neighborhood. Well I hope I provided enough details for you guys. He does have a lawyer in West hartford btw. So my questions are what chance does this father have of getting his children back? Should he cite parental alienation? What if the kids don't want to go back with him? On what grounds can you file for termination of parental rights, and was the filing of this motion appropriate considering the situation of the father? Any advice would be appreciated, I will forward this advice to him.
I quoted to remove your link. However, this is not something that will be handled through an internet forum. The father needs an attorney...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">