• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11 year Old Daughter visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lsasso

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
My 11 year old daughter does not want to vist with her father any more. Last night he called her a pig and metal mouth. How can i stop his visitation? Is she old enough by NJ law to make that decision?

Antigone*

My 11 year old daughter does not want to vist with her father any more. Last night he called her a pig and metal mouth. How can i stop his visitation? Is she old enough by NJ law to make that decision?
Let me ask you this: When your daughter tells you that she doesn't want to go to school, what would you say?

Proserpina

This is what you do:

Teach your 11 year old coping skills.

You cannot stop visitation based upon what you've said here.

And she is in no way old enough to make that decision herself.

dannyt

nope

she is legally a child. she does not call the shots. a court order is just that an order not a suggestion. defy it and you can face serious consequences up to and including a switch in custody. get the idea now? for the next 7 years, untill your daughter is a legal adult(18) she has no choice and no say. end of story.and you have no business letting her think she does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">