• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

13 yr old son refuses to visit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnm681

What is the name of your state?NY
The exact words of the order are "that Respondent mother is hereby granted the right of reasonable visitation at such times and upon such conditions as the parties may agree." My son just doesn't want anything to do with her, she sold most of his stuff for drugs, left him to watch his 2 little brothers for days up until CPS removed them all and I got custody of my son. He has not spoken to her since. :confused: Also, since I have had custody she has not once asked for visitation, she continues to agree that my son needs some time(when she calls once a month!). But, I am worried that she may change her mind. But, I know that she has her visits for her other 2 children supervised by CPS and she must pass a urine test before visits(2hrs prior). Also, I live 100 miles from her and where her other kids live, so I am in another county(different court, different CPS office). i don't know, I have told her to try to write letters, she has sent ONE CARD! It just seems like this is almost abandonment, i am really upset about this whole situation. Any more replies would be greatly appreciated
i also went to support court today, to get my order modified so I don't have to pay anymore(I have been paying for 8 months and my son has been in my custody). And low and behold she didn't show up, they postponed my payments and are going to reschedule, I know if it was me they would have issued a warrant. It just seems like she should just give up parental rights, any comments?

LdiJ

mnm681 said:
What is the name of your state?NY
The exact words of the order are "that Respondent mother is hereby granted the right of reasonable visitation at such times and upon such conditions as the parties may agree." My son just doesn't want anything to do with her, she sold most of his stuff for drugs, left him to watch his 2 little brothers for days up until CPS removed them all and I got custody of my son. He has not spoken to her since. :confused: Also, since I have had custody she has not once asked for visitation, she continues to agree that my son needs some time(when she calls once a month!). But, I am worried that she may change her mind. But, I know that she has her visits for her other 2 children supervised by CPS and she must pass a urine test before visits(2hrs prior). Also, I live 100 miles from her and where her other kids live, so I am in another county(different court, different CPS office). i don't know, I have told her to try to write letters, she has sent ONE CARD! It just seems like this is almost abandonment, i am really upset about this whole situation. Any more replies would be greatly appreciated
i also went to support court today, to get my order modified so I don't have to pay anymore(I have been paying for 8 months and my son has been in my custody). And low and behold she didn't show up, they postponed my payments and are going to reschedule, I know if it was me they would have issued a warrant. It just seems like she should just give up parental rights, any comments?
Based on the way the order is written...I don't think that you should worry too much about visitation right now. She isn't trying to visit, and since she only gets supervised visitation with her other children, she probably isn't inclined to try to force the issue at this point.

Worry about the future when and if it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">