• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr old wants to move with boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joanla

What is the name of your state?

My step-daughter lives in Colorado. She wants to move to Rhode Island with her boyfriend. The boyfriend is 18. My husband, her father, thinks it's a bad move. He wants her to stay with her mom. If she moves to Rhode Island with her boyfriend, is my husband obligated to send her child support? He currently sends it to her mother. Her mother has always let her do whatever she wants and says it's o.k. if they move. What are my husband's obligations if they move in together against his wishes. In Colorado you pay child support until 19 years old.

Thanks and best regards,
Joan

kat1963

Nah, she moves, she emancipates herself. You'll have to file for support modificatin once you are sure she moved, you just can't stop payment (though, I think you should!). Wonder if bio realizes she's about to lose support? Or maybe she's allowed the kid to be so wild, she could care less. *Sad* sigh...
Good Luck!
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">