• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

730 eval almost done - Hair follicle test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OCDad21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm almost done with my 730 Custody Evaluation. The evaluator requested me to go get drug and alcohol testing. Its too late to call my lawyer but I want to find out:

Will they do this test with a hair follicle test? Is that legal in CA?

I'm not worried about drugs but the test for alcohol seems scary. It would appear it could make you look like a raging drunk if you casually drink on the weekends.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm almost done with my 730 Custody Evaluation. The evaluator requested me to go get drug and alcohol testing. Its too late to call my lawyer but I want to find out:

Will they do this test with a hair follicle test? Is that legal in CA?

I'm not worried about drugs but the test for alcohol seems scary. It would appear it could make you look like a raging drunk if you casually drink on the weekends.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Neither blood nor hair follicles retain alcohol for long - is there a reason why you should be concerned?

On what did the evaluator base the request?

What's the history here?

OCDad21

There isn't any bad history. The mother is applying for move away and said that I was a heavy drinker and drug user. I drank and did some recreactional drugs with her years ago (2006) but haven't touched anything. But, I guess that was my concern is why is the Evaluator requesting this and will my casual drinking (few drinks on the weekend) make me look like a heavy drinker?

I am wondering because then I would want to disclose to the evaluator upfront. I have nothing to hide but want to make sure I am forthright and honest.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

There isn't any bad history. The mother is applying for move away and said that I was a heavy drinker and drug user. I drank and did some recreactional drugs with her years ago (2006) but haven't touched anything. But, I guess that was my concern is why is the Evaluator requesting this and will my casual drinking (few drinks on the weekend) make me look like a heavy drinker?

I am wondering because then I would want to disclose to the evaluator upfront. I have nothing to hide but want to make sure I am forthright and honest.
Then be forthcoming and honest. Its really that simple. Disclose that you imbibe of alcoholic beverages on your time off, list your approx or average consumption. List your recreational drug usage and timing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">