• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cimbarnett

What is the name of your state? oklahoma
what would be abandonment,,, father hasn't contacted kids in over a year, he has only paid support once in a while ( he jumps jobs to get from it)

VeronicaGia

JoandJa'smom said:
Sounds like abandonment to me!

JoandJa'smom
DUH! Do you know the abandonment laws of Oklahoma or do you just decide these things?

To the original poster, you need to look up your state's abandonment laws. How long has it been since he's paid support and/or had contact?

VeronicaGia

haiku said:
what happened to your other thread about adoption?
I pointed out that she has already tried to figure out a way for her ex to pay her $6,000.00 in a previous post....? I asked her then, and I asked her today, what if her ex doesn't have $6k?

But why she deleted it is beyond me.

C

cimbarnett

To all>>>>>>>>>>

I find it so disturbing why you would be concerned with why I deleated a thread, I deleated it because it appearently was being taking the wrong way, and to answer your questiona bout the $6000. See you shouldn't get into things you know nothing about, this man has plenty of money, he makes 50,000 a year and had only my two girls as dep. but the thing is they can't depend on him. See the money is for my girls not me, maybe thats what you were thinking I was after, if that was it I would have filed a contempt charge on him long time ago. See I have forgiven back support before, hoping he'd be able to pick up from there. But he has bigger priorities such as a 2003 Camaro, with a $2000 stereo in it. Before you even posted your comments, in an attempt to try to belittle some one , I was thinking how sad it must be to have to get on a web site and talk to people the way you people do. People come on here for some real advice, you just treat them as if you are God almighty, and judge them, honestly get a life, and to Vir... no i haven't tried to figure it out before if you look up my history you will see that. Move on.......

haiku

Cim i have been there done that, and I gave you advice in your other thread, that I used myself.

it was useful to me and I thought it might be to you!

B

businessjustice

to just answer your question, without prejudice or bias...(btw I started to "clean it up" by fixing the gaps and broken lines, but said to heck with it LOL)

Oklahoma statute reads as follows:

§10-21.2.

1. "Permanent care and custody" means the right and duty to exercise continuing general supervision of a child and includes but is not limited to the right and duty to protect, educate, nurture and to provide the child with food, clothing, shelter, medical care and a supportive environment;

2. "Abandonment" includes but is not limited to a state or condition in which the parent of a child:

a. (1) if the child is twenty-four (24) months or less, has willfully
failed to have had a significant or meaningful relationship with the child through visitation or communication with the child placed in the home of a relative related to the child within the third degree for at least six (6) continuous months after placement in the home of such
relative, or

(2) if the child is over twenty-four (24) months of age, has willfully
failed to maintain a significant or meaningful relationship with the
child through visitation or communication with the child for a period
of twelve (12) consecutive months out of the last fourteen (14) months
while in the home of a relative related to the child within the third
degree.

Infrequent or token visits, or communications shall not be construed
or considered in establishing the proper exercise of parental rights
or duties with regard to the child, or

b. has for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months out of the last
fourteen (14) months of placement of the child in the home of a
relative related to the child within the third degree, willfully
failed, refused or neglected to contribute to the support of such
child:

(1) in substantial compliance with an order entered by a court of
competent jurisdiction adjudicating the duty, amount and manner of
support, or

(2) according to such parent's financial ability to contribute to such
child's support if no provision for support is provided in an order.

Infrequent or token payments shall not be construed or considered in
establishing whether a parent has maintained or contributed to the
support of the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">