• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

absent father for 8yrs, released from prison 1st july

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shazza23

What is the name of your state? England
:confused: :mad: where do i begin, iv read a few threads which are simular to my problem, regarding absent, violent, waste of space fathers!!!!
heres my story, just over 8yrs ago i left my sons father, he was selfish violent, not towards me, but had a reputation of being a nasty man. So i left and started a new life, i gave him every opportunity then to see his son and change, but didnt, we were not married, but his name was on the birth certificate. I then changed my sons surname to mine. I then got on with my life met a new partner and we settled and had a child together. My eldest son has always known my new partner as dad. The absent father then went on to marry a few years later, then i read in a local paper 4yrs ago that he had been locked up for violent behaviour and abh, on his wife and other people. Heres the bomb shell, i received a letter addressed to my parents house from him, he is due to be released on 1st july 2005, he then goes on to say he was selfish, we should have been to priority etc etc, then went on to tell me what he'd been up to while in prison.
He told me about violent attacks on other inmates, had an affair with an officer, caused 1million pounds worth of damage on riots and was involved in the death of an inmate. :confused: :mad: :eek:
He then goes on to ask me if he could start helping towards his sons upbringing contact, money etc.
Im very angry and annoyed that he feels he can walk back into our lives and pick up where he left off, he has no parental responsibillity, never helped financially, and we were never married.

I know if i tell my new partner he will go mad, he would live in fear of our new family now, ive protected my son for the last 8yrs from this man and his ways, and i dont want my partner to make me regret everything ive done.

I know what your saying, why dont you tell your partner? he would support you? well the answer to your question is no, he wouldnt, see it was him that read it in the local paper 4yrs ago, he rang me at work and had me in tears, we were very close to splitting then. If he knows hes getting out and has made contact he will use the letter i received as a stick to beat me with every time we argue, maybe hes not the one for me, but thats not my problem just yet.

Can anyone help, where do i stand as far as access and this detailed letter i have.

Your relationships and rights as a parent might mean more if you did not wander from man to man having children without bendfit of marriage.

Who cares what the "partner" thinks or does if you are protecting your child instead of your own (apologies) ass!

Do what you have to do to protect both children and to hell with both men for the time being!

Hang on to that letter and consult an Atty!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">