• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abusive husband/child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sushikitty

I lived in tampa, FL last week. I fled to SC with the sheriffs and DCF knowing. My husband got so abusive since hes been off his meds. what are the chances of me getting full custody with our 14 month old son. I am pregnant with our second child and he wanted me to get an abortion. which i am NOT getting an abortion. How would that work for custody since he technically doesn't want the child i am pregnant with? I just think its not fair that if he wants me to get a abortion then the court gives him part custody when i give birth. so basically what i am asking how is the child custody going to work if hes very abusive and him and his mom kicked me out with our son 3 times homeless (even though friends took me in). i am only 19 and hes 20, i got married when i was 17.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

CJane

Here's how it works.

File an RO.
Borrow the money for an attorney.
File for divorce.
Have NO contact with your husband unless/until your attorney or a judge tells you to.

Unless he's found to be a danger to the children you SHARE, he WILL get some sort of custody/visitation. It may be supervised, especially with an infant involved. It may not be. He knocked YOU around, but you haven't stated that he's abusive to the child, and you DID 'show forgiveness' by going back to him EVERY TIME he kicked you out/abused you - and by getting pregnant again.

You're very very young, but be prepared for this pattern of going back to work against you. Be prepared for people to say "It can't be THAT bad, she went back." or "He can't be THAT bad... she's pregnant again." or "If it's so bad, why hasn't she just taken the hint and left?"

I lived in tampa, FL last week. I fled to SC with the sheriffs and DCF knowing. My husband got so abusive since hes been off his meds. what are the chances of me getting full custody with our 14 month old son. I am pregnant with our second child and he wanted me to get an abortion. which i am NOT getting an abortion. How would that work for custody since he technically doesn't want the child i am pregnant with? I just think its not fair that if he wants me to get a abortion then the court gives him part custody when i give birth. so basically what i am asking how is the child custody going to work if hes very abusive and him and his mom kicked me out with our son 3 times homeless (even though friends took me in). i am only 19 and hes 20, i got married when i was 17.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Of course you would have to file all of the above in the State of Florida since you have not been in SC long enough to establish residency.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Of course you would have to file all of the above in the State of Florida since you have not been in SC long enough to establish residency.
Actually she can't file in Florida at this point. She doesn't LIVE there. And hence she is going have to wait until she establishes residency where she is. She can file for a CPO however in SC as many states waive residency for those matters.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">