• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accused of making drugs judge gives fathers who do drugs custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nywildfire

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?new york-back in april of 2004 i was accused of making methamphetamines. noone was arrested or charged with anything. the cps investigator made up alot of lies and he told me if i didnt do what he said he would make sure my children were put in a foster home. now ive never been in any trouble in my life, so i didnt know my rights. i did what the man said. he then told the fathers of my children to take me to family court for custody. they told the judge that i was a alcoholic and a druggy and had been all my life, we all took a hair follicle test and i was the only one that came up negative for drugs. yet the judge gave custody of my children to the druggy fathers. i wanted to prove to the court that i wasnt a drug maker. but the judge wouldnt let me say anything and if you were asked a question and he didnt like your answer he violently yelled at you. i didnt get a hearing or anything. i feel my rights have been violated and i feel the courts are doing illegal things. not a surprise in northern new york. there is so much more to this but would take me all day to talk about. i guess my question is dont i have a right to a hearing to prove i am not a criminal or a drug maker?

BL

The problem you have , is you signed a Plan with CPS . You basically admitted the allegations when you did that .
The Courts almost always go buy CPS reports . Even with Neg. drug test on your part , they'd rather side with caution , than to put the child(ren) in danger.
If you qualified the Court should have appointed a Lawyer for you .

Are you following the Plan ?

Stealth is correct , you need a Lawyer .

Last edited:

sirxamiel

nywildfire said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?new york-back in april of 2004 i was accused of making methamphetamines. noone was arrested or charged with anything. the cps investigator made up alot of lies and he told me if i didnt do what he said he would make sure my children were put in a foster home. now ive never been in any trouble in my life, so i didnt know my rights. i did what the man said. he then told the fathers of my children to take me to family court for custody. they told the judge that i was a alcoholic and a druggy and had been all my life, we all took a hair follicle test and i was the only one that came up negative for drugs. yet the judge gave custody of my children to the druggy fathers. i wanted to prove to the court that i wasnt a drug maker. but the judge wouldnt let me say anything and if you were asked a question and he didnt like your answer he violently yelled at you. i didnt get a hearing or anything. i feel my rights have been violated and i feel the courts are doing illegal things. not a surprise in northern new york. there is so much more to this but would take me all day to talk about. i guess my question is dont i have a right to a hearing to prove i am not a criminal or a drug maker?
Well just like the other 2 said, you need a lawyer. But you can appeal the decision, but you need lawyer for that. Basically, you signed your name on the dotted line. That makes you guilty. What you shouldve said to him if he said all that, was to go straight to h$ll. You shouldve at that point, got a lawyer, and fought him. If you were doing absolutely nothing wrong, then nothing would have happened. You pretty much screwed yourself. Sorry for being so harsh, but sometimes the truth sucks. You shouldve used your head. But now your between a rock and a hard place. You can get this turned around on your behalf. But be sure to get a lawyer.

Phnx02

nywildfire said:
None of this makes much sense. You were accused of making methamphetamines. Was your home raided by the police? Usually there's some truth or some pretty darn good proof to the accusation for something like this to happen. CPS got involved. What did you have to do or comply with to satisfy them? If you were told to enter a drug rehab program, and you did, then you admitted guilt by doing so. If you do not abuse drugs, then you shouldn't have done this and should have hired a lawyer immediately to fight it. How do you know everyone's drug test but yours came back postitive? There isn't a judge in the world that would give custody to someone who tests positive for drugs. There is more to this story and you are not being honest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">