• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Add to a parenting plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

What can I do if the maternal grandmother decides to let him move in again?
Nothing. The way your order is currently written, Mom HAS to exercise her time at her mother's house. She has no option to exercise it elsewhere, even if "unsavory" people are around.

What's your plan, that you get it into the order that person X can't be around the kids, person X moves into Grandma's house, and viola (!) no visitation at all for Mom?

mistoffolees

What can I do if the maternal grandmother decides to let him move in again?
Then you file for a restraining order. IF, and only if, it happens and if you can provide evidence to justify it. His history MIGHT be enough, but you'd have to talk with an attorney.

Mr_Dad

Nothing. The way your order is currently written, Mom HAS to exercise her time at her mother's house. She has no option to exercise it elsewhere, even if "unsavory" people are around.

What's your plan, that you get it into the order that person X can't be around the kids, person X moves into Grandma's house, and viola (!) no visitation at all for Mom?
I am hoping that having my ex agree to this will prevent the grandmother from letting him move in.

Just yesterday there was a domestic battery call to her house and he (the uncle) was arrested that same day for domestic battery. I am waiting for the police records to see what happened.

I dont want my son around this!

Mr_Dad

Then you file for a restraining order. IF, and only if, it happens and if you can provide evidence to justify it. His history MIGHT be enough, but you'd have to talk with an attorney.
I may do that. The cops were out at her place for domestic battery yesterday and I saw her uncle was arrested for domestic battery. Im thinking he probably hit her or threaten to at least. He is a very violent man!

I can get a restraining order against him even if he hasnt physical harmed or threaten my child?

Mr_Dad

My son is supposed to visit over there this weekend and Im afraid the uncle will be out of jail by then.

What can I do to prevent this man being around my child? I dont have money for a lawyer and the visit is this weekend. She can sign the paper but like others have said the grandmother can still allow him over. If that does happen do I have the right to go pick up my son during her visiting time?

LdiJ

My son is supposed to visit over there this weekend and Im afraid the uncle will be out of jail by then.

What can I do to prevent this man being around my child? I dont have money for a lawyer and the visit is this weekend. She can sign the paper but like others have said the grandmother can still allow him over. If that does happen do I have the right to go pick up my son during her visiting time?
You would have to have a restraining order against the Uncle.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

No you do not have the right to deprive mom visitation because you don't like uncle.

Mr_Dad

The mother of my son has just informed me that she has a injunction on him. I do not know the details to the story yet. I am under the assumption that he hit her and is why he is in jail for domestic battery and why there is an injunction.

I am going to look into get a restraining order for my son.

Im not basing my reasoning on the fact that I dont like this man! I am basing my reasoning on the danger he could present while around my son. If he will hit his niece why not my son?

MichaCA

Go down to your local sheriff or police station (grandmom live in county or city limits?) and discuss your concerns with them, explain about visitation this weekend. They MIGHT order a emergency protective order if they see that this man is a current threat.

Otherwise, I would file for a temporary restraining order and take your copies of his criminal record into court with you. This process will not happen before this weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">