• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adjusted Parenting Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaliSM

What is the name of your state?
KANSAS
Has anyone experienced a similiar situation regarding adjusted parenting time expenses? I live in Southern Califonria and my children reside in Southeastern Kansas. Our visits together are soley based on my finances. The cost of living is extremely high here and gas prices keep shooting out of the sky. I have had two visits this past year and I spent and average of about $3000. Christmas is coming and I plan on bringing my children here and the cost is going to be about $3100. My adjusted long-distance parenting time is no where near what I have to spend. Does anyone have a suggestion? I want more than anything to see my children, but this makes it so hard. They should know they have a home here in Califonria as well as in Kansas. Does anyone know of a good laywer in Southeast Kansas that could help? Thank you in advance.

CaliSM

I am the one that originally moved. I understand that since I am the one that moved she is not responsible in anyway. I knew that things would not work out for us and I wanted to further my future so that I could better provide for my children's future. I was not getting anywhere in the small town that we lived in, basically. I joined the military and when I get out I will be moving closer to them but that will not be for another two years. My children reside in Wilson County. I understand certain exceptions can be made depending on the judge and situation, but I just do not know how to go about asking?

brisgirl825

It's going to be a hard sell. You moved and part of moving, when you are divorced with children, is figuring up how that will impact your relationship with them on an emotional and financial level.

I am not familiar with anyone in Wilson County. I am orginally a Wichita girl and I know of people there. Your best bet is to get a consult and see what, if anything, can be done. Either google for one in that area or if you have family or friends there, see if they can help you find a good atty.

GL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">