• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After 14 years, does the father have rights for legal visitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MicheleD

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My daughter is 14 1/2 years old. Her father has never been involved in her life and has denied being her father even though I told him that he was her father(14years ago). Child support just found him last month, they did a DNA and to his suprise, he is her biological father. I have since talk with him and allowed him to come see my daughter, he has seen her 1 time in her whole life. Now hes giving me a hard time cause I am trying to do things that are in the best interest of my daughter, and allowing him to come see her at my convience not his. He has told me that his attorney says that he can get legal visitation, is this ture? How can he get legal visitation when he has denied being her biological father for 14 1/2 year and has NEVER been involved in her life?

H

hexeliebe

He has told me that his attorney says that he can get legal visitation, is this ture?
Yes he can.

How can he get legal visitation when he has denied being her biological father for 14 1/2 year and has NEVER been involved in her life?
Because he is her father and his parental rights were not terminated before you allowed contact.

Get over this and allow him contact. Because if you don't, you'll end up losing any court battle. And how is that good for your daughter?

She deserves to know her father. Whether good or bad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">