• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

after 16 years a woman request paternity test..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drbkt

my husband had one night stand almost 17 years ago..she tld it was his then after couple weeks she said it was someoneelse..and they kept dated for 2 years.other guy signed the birth certificate2 yeasr after she born..kid maybe my husbands or even his brothers..she wanted to contacted us we refused..casue we think it is abuot money...she id 16 right now and they guy signed birth certificate is in the prison and she broke up with her husband..then she found out my husband is military officer and i am md..right now she wanna go to court for dna testing and child support and military benefits..
my question is in florida does the judge decide on us having the dna ?? or reject her and we have nothnig to do anything with her??

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I'm having a hard time believe you're an MD with the grammer & typos in that post. Your husband should be the one posting this question.

One of the seniors can give you a better answer on this. However, I believe if someone else is on the birth certificate, she'd have a hard time getting a judge to order a DNA test on your hubby.

drbkt

thanks for the answer

yeah my english is not good becasue iam not american i am foreign and in states u dont have to take any english test for getting licensed ;)
but it made me feel muhc better it is gonna be hard for her..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not necessarily. It depends on a variety of things. But why wouldn't your hubby want to know if this is his child?

drbkt

casue she lied to him 16 years ago when he tried to be her dad she refused my husband to be the dad..as soon as she found out we are doing great money she decided to make him a dad..plus her mom is trying to casue problem writing really really bad thnigs to us..if she wanted us to part of her life she wasnt gonna threathening us with lots of thnigs..
plus when i got married on his records there was no kid..i dont have aprevious kid and this is so important for me..in my culture (i am foreign)we marry once have a kid only from one guy same for guys..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
casue she lied to him 16 years ago when he tried to be her dad she refused my husband to be the dad..
AND your husband could have attempted to get a paternity test court ordered then. And apparently for his own reasons chose to believe her.

as soon as she found out we are doing great money she decided to make him a dad..
WRONG. If he is a dad it is because HE chose to have sex with her many years ago (before you were both doing great money). He made decisions that possibly made him a daddy.

plus her mom is trying to casue problem writing really really bad thnigs to us..
Ignore the very bad things.

if she wanted us to part of her life she wasnt gonna threathening us with lots of thnigs..
Oh good grief. YOU are not a part of this quite frankly. Legally you are not a part of whether or not your hubby is a daddy.

plus when i got married on his records there was no kid..
Oh well. So he might have been wrong.
i dont have aprevious kid and this is so important for me..in my culture (i am foreign)we marry once have a kid only from one guy same for guys..
Then you should have married a virgin. That is the only way you know that he could not be a dad to a child somewhere -- if he were a virgin at the time of marriage. Legally the rest of it doesn't matter and is something you will have to cope with, most likely in therapy.

Nativity

Just out of curiosity here but am I the only one having trouble believing the OP is a MD? I realize it's totally irrelevant but if it's true that's just damn scary that someone can't even structure a complete sentence accurately is an MD.

And just to stay on topic, I feel really sorry for the 16 year old girl that may not get to know her real dad because her Dad's wife most likely has him by the nugs and wants the situation to all to go away so she doesn't have to part with her money.

drbkt

that is just wrong to say staff like that..i am officially md ..u dont have to believe but i think a lot of americans hate that there is lots of foregin mds working in states..i can speak german turkish spanish and english..even if it is not great..iam trying to do the best i can!!
by the way it is not my faulth that my husband doesnt want the kid..he made that decision long time ago..actually her mom did that decision and put another guy on the birth certificate..and told my husband it is not his kid..there is nothnig to do with me..but idont know you guys and she is trying to make it my faulth..i cant stop 34 years old army officer to see his daugther..
and i was just trying to learn a woman who has lied abuot her daughters father for 16 years can request a paternity test ??

CourtClerk

and i was just trying to learn a woman who has lied abuot her daughters father for 16 years can request a paternity test ??
For the last time. Yes, she can. And once your husband has been adjudicated the father of this child, she can sue him for child support, the child can also get that military ID and all military benefits afforded to her after that.

Deal with it.

drbkt

it is wrong for you to say bad staff like this..u dont have to believe anything.i can speak 4 l;anguages even if not good..and iam working in tennesse as an md..i never controled my husband over this..i even tried to get divorced and moved on..but he doesnt let me..he would have been her dad long time ago..how a woman living 30 min away from my husband family can not reach him 16 years!! god pleaseee..

Just out of curiosity here but am I the only one having trouble believing the OP is a MD? I realize it's totally irrelevant but if it's true that's just damn scary that someone can't even structure a complete sentence accurately is an MD.

And just to stay on topic, I feel really sorry for the 16 year old girl that may not get to know her real dad because her Dad's wife most likely has him by the nugs and wants the situation to all to go away so she doesn't have to part with her money.

CourtClerk

i even tried to get divorced and moved on..but he doesnt let me..
I have no idea where you are from originally, but there is no state in the United States of America that MAKES you stay married. If you want a divorce, then you file for divorce, the court will grant a divorce. Easy as that. He doesn't have to give you permission, he doesn't have to "let" you, it just happens like that. You want a divorce, use some of that M.D. money and hire an attorney.

drbkt

we talked to military lawyer actually my husband..but becasue we got married in denmark we cant get divorce that easy..at least they said like that..it is not about money at all.i wouldnt mind spending 20 thuosand dollar at all..i just work one month for that..plus my husband doesnt divorce me..he doesnt make deal on this...they said minimum 6 months
but more in likely it takes 1 year :(

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
we talked to military lawyer actually my husband..but becasue we got married in denmark we cant get divorce that easy..at least they said like that..it is not about money at all.i wouldnt mind spending 20 thuosand dollar at all..i just work one month for that..plus my husband doesnt divorce me..he doesnt make deal on this...they said minimum 6 months
but more in likely it takes 1 year :(
Bull. All you have to do is walk into court where ever you are living (for at least six months you must have lived there to establish residency) and file for a divorce. And since you are so miserable you would be done with him in a year and he could go on his merry way to be with his child.

drbkt

thanks for all the help!! it really helped us..and after searching we found out that she sued a guy on the birth certificate and he even went to prison for that :) and we also know that she had lots of crimes..and her new husband took the legal responsibility for her..i think that is why she was just threathening us and never even went to court..she toook governments money becasue the guy was in the prison becasue of not to pay childsupport..jags told that it is a crime becasue of lies she can go to jail..
thanks again..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">