• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age of a child when he or she can choose which parent to live with

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung

will be next to impossible to believe that a 12 yr. old can convince a judge as to where the kid and it's younger sibling choose to live, unless there's severe mental or physical danger, then its up to childrens' services to intervene. Judges may listen to 12 yr. olds but don't let them call the shots.

jyoung

ok, you've convinced yourself you are right, go file in court and ask the kid be allowed to speak and let us know what happens. Good Luck.

LegalBeagle

luvmykids said:
With the way the courts work they go by a compatent age which is now 12 years old.
You are wrong.. there is no set age in California for a child to give testimony concerning a living location. A judge looks to the maturity and intelligence levels of a minor. A judge also looks at the reasons. A child who states he wants to live with his dad because he has a bigger boat is not going to get very far.

LegalBeagle

luvmykids said:
Are you from California????????? If you are not how do you know what the laws are??? And you are not going thru what i have . The Information that i gave is True..... The age starts at 12 years old. In CALIFORNIA!!!!
Listen pumpkin.. I can read.. and I can read law a darn sight better than you. Just because I an not in CA does not mean I can not read CA law. If you know the information to be so 100% true, then why are you here wasting our time ?

LegalBeagle

luvmykids said:
That just hurt so bad. Thank you for your time Mr. Genius. I wont waste my time here anymore ,I just needed someone to talk to about it. Sorry for bothering you.. Jesus Loves you all. Be Blessed!!!!
And when we tried to talk to you about it, you shot us down with 'I know more than you'

Good luck..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">