• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another Definition Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

jslopez711 said:
Then if your sister is not crazy and is not fellon, she has no wooden leg to stand on. If she does not hand over the child, then fry her.
:D
would that be in vegetable or canola oil?

brisgirl825

victmich said:
Unfortunately that is not the case. She started dating my ex when my daughter was 18 months old. She is now 11. They have been married for 6 years now and they also have a 6 year old daughter together. I don't think she will ever settle down and that magic age of 18 is still years away.
Sorry. I was trying to be optimistic for you. Obviously it's not realistic to be optimistic! lol!

goofyleen

Designation of Competent Adult in Texas Custody Joint conservatorship

Hello,

I am writing to determine the rights my boyfriend has to elect me his girlfriend as his competent adult. His court documents clearly state that he or his sister and brother in law can designate any competent adult to pick up the children. I have been picking up the children for 4 or 5 months now and have no reason not to continue to do so. However his in-laws who have Primary conservatorship in his case have advised that I am no longer welcome at their property and that they will not allow me to pick up the children anymore. There is no reason for this other than they are just being difficult, I mean that I nor him have given them any reason to not allow me to pick up the children. Can they deny his designated competent adult to now suddenly be denied access to the children.

He works over 6 hours away and comes to see his children for every visitation and does not miss them ever. He cannot miss work to meet them for pick ups on Fridays at 6pm so he has designated me to do it. I don't want to get in the middle of this, but I feel like they are just trying to prevent the kids from seeing him because they think they can.

What are his rights in this situation? I am also wanting to formally send a notarized letter to them designating me as the selected competent adult, but I can't seem to find any documents like this online, any assistance or guidance you can provide in this situation would be most appreciated.

Thank You,

Trying to do the right thing without any drama.

Silverplum

Please start your own thread. Be sure to name the US state. Thanks.

Hello,

I am writing to determine the rights my boyfriend has to elect me his girlfriend as his competent adult. His court documents clearly state that he or his sister and brother in law can designate any competent adult to pick up the children. I have been picking up the children for 4 or 5 months now and have no reason not to continue to do so. However his in-laws who have Primary conservatorship in his case have advised that I am no longer welcome at their property and that they will not allow me to pick up the children anymore. There is no reason for this other than they are just being difficult, I mean that I nor him have given them any reason to not allow me to pick up the children. Can they deny his designated competent adult to now suddenly be denied access to the children.

He works over 6 hours away and comes to see his children for every visitation and does not miss them ever. He cannot miss work to meet them for pick ups on Fridays at 6pm so he has designated me to do it. I don't want to get in the middle of this, but I feel like they are just trying to prevent the kids from seeing him because they think they can.

What are his rights in this situation? I am also wanting to formally send a notarized letter to them designating me as the selected competent adult, but I can't seem to find any documents like this online, any assistance or guidance you can provide in this situation would be most appreciated.

Thank You,

Trying to do the right thing without any drama.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">