• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Other Military Families Have A Plan For Long Distance Visitation?

• Thread starter MomOfARedHeadedAngel
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MomOfARedHeadedAngel

We are in the process of PCSing from Maryland and my husband's Ex has remarried to active duty military as well. They are currently in England and moving in Nov to Virginia. Currently a parenting plan is inplace but it is unacceptable and was designed for living situations being close to each other. Now we are dealing with 2 military families and distance will always be an issue. We are preparing to go back to court for the fight of our lives because BM doesn't want us to see stepson (now 5), but wants to continue getting all of the CS money. We want to try for 50/50 joint physical but settle for summers and the week of Christmas/ New Year's every other year and spring break every other year. Is this possible? We also want to have CS recalculated since my husband has gotten married and had another child since the CS was determined. The Ex has also remarried and had another child as well.

Now we are in a position where we are lucky if we get stepson for one month out of the summer and she keeps all CS money for that month and we pay 100% of all travel costs.

She has a track record of unstable relationships, possible mental instability, 1 documented case of neglect (allowing her 1st child who was 3 to wander blocks away from the house, she uses CS money for personal wants, and threatens to get more CS and make it nearly impossible to see stepson.

I am fishing to try and get ideas for a new parenting plan proposal, any help is appreciated. We have to act ASAP.

Distressed

T

treici

Hi. My X and I have joint legal custody with me having primary pysical custody. He is military stationed in VA and I'm ex-military now living in FL. We don't really have a set visitation schedule or plan. He has liberal and reasonable visitation, to be scheduled with me. I generally let him visit any time that he asks unless if it will interfere with something that cannot be rescheduled. We split the cost of transportation expenses by meeting halfway. He doesn't do any phone visitation(son doesn't talk yet), but we do use netmeeting to 'video conference' since the picture will keep son amused and allow dad to see him. I also take him to visit my ex-inlaws whenever I'm in my hometown since they live around an hour away, and send plenty of pictures and email updates so that they feel like they are part of his life even though they live several states away... It has generally been easy for us though since we are willing to cooperate for our son's sake. It makes all the difference. In your case I would want to have spelled out dates for visitation so that when the CP denied I would have legal recourse against him/her. Hope this helps and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">