• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anyway around this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Speedbird13

Washington State. Hey people, im from australia but i need help. Ive met a girl from america. She has 3 kids. We cant be together because the ex wants her back. He has cheated on her multiple times and so she doesnt want to get back into a relationship with him and she also likes me. We cant really have a relationship and the reason being is if the ex finds out, he will get the kids taken away because hes is just an a**. His way of getting back at her.

Heres the thing- she has a medical issue. She believes the ex can get the kids taken off her by saying she is medically unfit as she can faint at times.

What i want to know is, is there a way that is guaranteed where she can keep her kids if she were to tell her ex about us? Its getting pretty expensive travelling back and forth between the u.s and australia. And i would like to permanently move across to be with her.

Any help would be highly HIGHLY appreciated because at this stage, its looking like we may have to call quits so she doesnt risk losing her kids.

Silverplum

Washington State. Hey people, im from australia but i need help. Ive met a girl from america. She has 3 kids. We cant be together because the ex wants her back. He has cheated on her multiple times and so she doesnt want to get back into a relationship with him and she also likes me. We cant really have a relationship and the reason being is if the ex finds out, he will get the kids taken away because hes is just an a**. His way of getting back at her.

Heres the thing- she has a medical issue. She believes the ex can get the kids taken off her by saying she is medically unfit as she can faint at times.

What i want to know is, is there a way that is guaranteed where she can keep her kids if she were to tell her ex about us? Its getting pretty expensive travelling back and forth between the u.s and australia. And i would like to permanently move across to be with her.

Any help would be highly HIGHLY appreciated because at this stage, its looking like we may have to call quits so she doesnt risk losing her kids.
This is not your legal business.

If you want to be involved in a high-conflict life, go ahead with your relationship. But know that the father of her children and the children are not, and never will be, your legal business.

Proserpina

Washington State. Hey people, im from australia but i need help. Ive met a girl from america. She has 3 kids. We cant be together because the ex wants her back.
No. You can't be together because she thinks it's much more fun to have a mysterious lover halfway around the word and let's face it, you're a "safe" bet.

He has cheated on her multiple times and so she doesnt want to get back into a relationship with him and she also likes me. We cant really have a relationship and the reason being is if the ex finds out, he will get the kids taken away because hes is just an a**. His way of getting back at her.
Ask her to explain exactly why the kids will be taken away.

There's no such animal. A parent is either fit, or they're unfit. And if she's unfit, she wouldn't have custody, would she?

Here's the reality, I'm afraid. This woman is lying to you.

You're a nice toy she can play with when she's sick of her current toys.

I'm sorry, but you need to run - not walk - away.

Speedbird13

Well im not exactly a mysterious lover as i have met her multiple times

She has a heart condition. The ex will try get the kids taken away if she sees someone else. I dont believe she is lying to me to be honest.

All i need is help so i can help her keep her kids. Does she need a carer or what? Two posts so far have been unhelpful as the situation isnt any of your concern. I just need someone who can help us get around this.

CJane

The fact of the matter is that Mom having a BF isn't a reason to change custody. Mom having a heart condition isn't, either.

Yeah, her ex might try to create conflict if she goes public about your relationship, but he's not going to get custody.

But... I also think she's creating drama. Big time.

BL

She has a heart condition. The ex will try get the kids taken away if she sees someone else. I dont believe she is lying to me to be honest.

All i need is help so i can help her keep her kids. Does she need a carer or what? Two posts so far have been unhelpful as the situation isnt any of your concern. I just need someone who can help us get around this.
Are you a troll? Most likey. In any event US Law Only ,get off board.

BL

The fact of the matter is that Mom having a BF isn't a reason to change custody. Mom having a heart condition isn't, either.

Yeah, her ex might try to create conflict if she goes public about your relationship, but he's not going to get custody.

But... I also think she's creating drama. Big time.
Got so much heart condition she can flirt around the world on the net and want to travel.

Proserpina

Again, I ask you: If she was unfit, how come she got custody?

You want a future together, right? in the US?

What's her earning potential? I mean she and you have researched this, yeah?

Other than that? Perhaps she can get online herself and ask questions about her situation.

Ladyback1

Who does she live with?
Who is supporting her (and the kids)?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And actually, the sitUation is none of YOUR concern, either. You are a legal stranger. You cannot fix this for - or with - her.

Speedbird13

Wow so much for help. Im the one travelling not her. She doesnt have full custody. She has kids, the ex visits maybe once a month or so. I know i have no say but im trying to find a solution where if **** hits the fan, and the ex tries to get custody of the kids, we have something where she can keep them.
As i said she has a heart condition and can become unconscious. The risk is there. Thats what the ex will be trying for to take the kids away. She lives on her own

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wow so much for help. Im the one travelling not her. She doesnt have full custody. She has kids, the ex visits maybe once a month or so. I know i have no say but im trying to find a solution where if **** hits the fan, and the ex tries to get custody of the kids, we have something where she can keep them.
As i said she has a heart condition and can become unconscious. The risk is there. Thats what the ex will be trying for to take the kids away. She lives on her own
YOU have nothing. You really don't. If her health is as dire as you say, then perhaps the kids would be safer with their Dad.

Ladyback1

OK....here's the deal junior: the Father would have to prove that she was unfit (neglect, abuse, etc.) in order take custody. And proving someone unfit is difficult.

Surely mom is receiving medical care, and her medical condition should not be a factor.

I don't think mom is being honest with you--if that's the only reason she is giving you for not making the relationship known.
Who is supporting her and the kids? Does she work? Is she on disability? Where is the money coming from?
do you send her money/give her money?

Proserpina

Wow so much for help.
Believe it or not, we are trying to help.

We're trying to help you.

Im the one travelling not her.
I said nothing about traveling - when I talk about her finances, I'm asking what she has so she can prove to Immigration that she can support you.

She doesnt have full custody. She has kids, the ex visits maybe once a month or so. I know i have no say but im trying to find a solution where if **** hits the fan, and the ex tries to get custody of the kids, we have something where she can keep them.
This is where you're being fed a line.

If custody is at risk, then it is at risk regardless. Nothing you or she can do to change that.

And if custody is not at risk, then it's not going to be an issue, is it?

Come on man.

As i said she has a heart condition and can become unconscious.
I'm almost tempted to ask what heart condition this is...and again, if it's an issue it's an issue no matter what she does.

The risk is there.
No, that's what you're being told.

Thats what the ex will be trying for to take the kids away. She lives on her own
So she has a heart condition that sometimes makes her faint, yet her ex hasn't filed to get the kids. Why do you think that is?

latigo

This is not your legal business. . . . blah, blah, blah . . . .
Wrong, Mr. "secret agent"!

The OP's emigration to the United States to further the mentioned extra-marital relationship could indeed have possible legal consequences and concerning him personally!

The only thing certain is that you have no bloody business determining whom can and cannot access this free advice forum!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">