• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing a judges decision when filed for emrgency contempt hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
custody schedule for Christmas and New Ycars and prior to any Hol iday partial physical custody with the children, parent and the children must both agree on the Holiday custody.

it says "prior to" so that mean any times I am supposed to see them. But again I am trying to find out if there is any way to appeal this. I want to appeal this and am not sure if I can.
It says "...prior to any Holiday partial physical custody..." :rolleyes:

You've already been told that you have no basis for an appeal. I suggest that you have gleaned all you will from this forum - you should hire an attorney.

Zigner

I have no idea what you are talking about. I am privy to what happens when I AM IN the therapy. I am not sure you understand the protocol. Again I am not here to debate about reunification therapy. The fact is that it will never work if everyone is not cooperating and if that is not happening then it will not work.
The therapist is NOT going to incite an argument with all of you present.

Michael6627

The change appears to have to do with holidays only. What is the rest of your schedule with the children?
No apparently because it has the word prior to all it applies to all times I see kids. So I am asking if I have the right to appeal. How can a judge change a court order and no one can do anything about that.

Silverplum

No apparently because it has the word prior to all it applies to all times I see kids. So I am asking if I have the right to appeal. How can a judge change a court order and no one can do anything about that.
You're wrong about the wording. Stop freaking out and start reading. "Prior to all holiday visitation" means only holidays.

And yes, a judge is the only person who CAN change a court order. My goodness.

Proserpina

The misunderstanding appears to be with you, not the judge and not this forum.

But yes, as previously indicated, you can't appeal without having a good reason for doing so - and not liking the result is not a good reason.

As to the underlined - every court-decided schedule is going to upset one parent. That's just the nature of the beast.

CJane

How long has reunification therapy been part of the order, and why?
Why do you allow the children to use you in such a manner? They can't have parties at your house if you don't let them, right?

To answer your question, no, it doesn't appear that there's anything to appeal. It also doesn't appear that you understand the changes made to the order. Zig's right. As you posted it, the modification only applies to holidays.

Michael6627

How long has reunification therapy been part of the order, and why?
Why do you allow the children to use you in such a manner? They can't have parties at your house if you don't let them, right?

To answer your question, no, it doesn't appear that there's anything to appeal. It also doesn't appear that you understand the changes made to the order. Zig's right. As you posted it, the modification only applies to holidays.
Well obviously when I allow them to have parties the first thing to mind is not that I am bing used. I try to look at it as okay great we are moving in a good direction. Now it is after the fact that you begin to realize that you wer used.

Reunification has bn aprt of the order since Sept because ex decided that h wasn't going to let me see anyon for 5 months.

Michael6627

The misunderstanding appears to be with you, not the judge and not this forum.

But yes, as previously indicated, you can't appeal without having a good reason for doing so - and not liking the result is not a good reason.

As to the underlined - every court-decided schedule is going to upset one parent. That's just the nature of the beast.
I am not upset over the schedule. My issue is with the part that changed it from ex having to make sure I see them to now saying that baiscally it is up to kids.

Michael6627

It says "...prior to any Holiday partial physical custody..." :rolleyes:

You've already been told that you have no basis for an appeal. I suggest that you have gleaned all you will from this forum - you should hire an attorney.
I suggest that you not make assumtions as to what anyone has or does not have.

Michael6627

The therapist is NOT going to incite an argument with all of you present.
No one is suggesting that a therpaist should start any argument. I am suggesting that he maybe reports back to court when someone is not cooperating as this hinders the process.

Michael6627

You're wrong about the wording. Stop freaking out and start reading. "Prior to all holiday visitation" means only holidays.

And yes, a judge is the only person who CAN change a court order. My goodness.
1) How am I freaking out?????

and prior to any Hol iday partial physical custody with the children, parent and the children must both agree on the Holiday custody.

Prior to I take to mean anything that is before this must also be agreed on with kids.

Just Blue

1) How am I freaking out?????

and prior to any Hol iday partial physical custody with the children, parent and the children must both agree on the Holiday custody.

Prior to I take to mean anything that is before this must also be agreed on with kids.
Gheesh**************..:rolleyes:

Zigner

No one is suggesting that a therpaist should start any argument. I am suggesting that he maybe reports back to court when someone is not cooperating as this hinders the process.
No, you said that he should tell the parents what they need to do in order to follow the order. That is NOT their place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">