• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeals Court Vacates Family Court issued Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patricks

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
This is yet another nightmare from a victim of the Family Court sysyem where Children and innocent parents lose. I had the unfortunate experience of my ex-wife filing a false claim of abuse against me. She claimed that I had hit my child while she was with me on a scheduled visitation. With this claim she was able to obtain a restraining order against me. The department of Social Services were contacted and conducted an investigation and supported me in my claim of innocense. On the day of the hearing the Judge refused the report my Attorney had obtained from the D.S.S calling it heresay.(in Massachusetts D.S.S. reports are routinly accepted at these hearings) He also would not allow a recess to have someone from D.S.S. come to testify. He then extended the Restraining Order for 1 year. The Court then ordered an investigation by a Psycholigst who in his report to the Court reccomended that my ex-wife get psychotherapy. His report was ignored by the Court and the Restraining Order extended. It is important to note that this Psycholigst was used and relied on routinly by this Court. The Court then ordered a Social Worker to perform an investigation acting as a G.A.L. Her report also supported my claim of innocense. It took over one year to have a hearing on the G.A.L. report. While waiting for the hearing the Appeals Court Vacated what the Family Court had done to me. By the time I went back to Family Court almost 4 years had passed. My child was totally Brainwashed and would not even meet with me. Am I entitled to get back all of the Money that I spent on my defense and and investigations involved in this Nightmare. I have an aging parent and the money would help. I have lost my child and my dreams. What do I do now. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">