• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas standard visitation schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cocotower

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

The ex-wife (noncustodial parent) was given visitation with our children recently. She gets the usual every other weekend, and special occasions like birthdays, some holidays, etc.

She also gets two weeks in June and two weeks in July, with the schedule describing a paragaph later (rule #6):

6. There shall be no weekend visitation for the non-custodial parent during the period the extended visitation is exercised.

There is no other extended visitation on the schedule. The summer visitation is the longest periods she gets them. When the kids reach 8, she gets them 3 weeks in June and 3 weeks in July. This is what was explained to me as being the standard visitation for Arkansas.

Her lawyer says she Does get 14 days straight including the weekends during those 2 weeks, but I contacted my former divorce attorney and he says just the opposite, that she does Not get those weekends. Ah.... (never mind, I'll refrain from giving my opinion about why this happens)

So I feel like this will end up going to court to settle the confusion. (Lord, why didn't I choose to be a divorce attorney? :) )

Anyway, I have full custody of the children and am defined as the custodial parent, which is why rule #6 points directly at her as not having weekend visitation during the summer visitation weeks.

My question is:

Does anyone here know if rule #6 that I quoted above means that *I* am temporarily the non-custodial parent during the summer visitation weeks, or that she is still the non-custodial parent throughout the whole ordeal, as our decree and visitation order defines.

LdiJ

cocotower said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

The ex-wife (noncustodial parent) was given visitation with our children recently. She gets the usual every other weekend, and special occasions like birthdays, some holidays, etc.

She also gets two weeks in June and two weeks in July, with the schedule describing a paragaph later (rule #6):

6. There shall be no weekend visitation for the non-custodial parent during the period the extended visitation is exercised.

There is no other extended visitation on the schedule. The summer visitation is the longest periods she gets them. When the kids reach 8, she gets them 3 weeks in June and 3 weeks in July. This is what was explained to me as being the standard visitation for Arkansas.

Her lawyer says she Does get 14 days straight including the weekends during those 2 weeks, but I contacted my former divorce attorney and he says just the opposite, that she does Not get those weekends. Ah.... (never mind, I'll refrain from giving my opinion about why this happens)

So I feel like this will end up going to court to settle the confusion. (Lord, why didn't I choose to be a divorce attorney? :) )

Anyway, I have full custody of the children and am defined as the custodial parent, which is why rule #6 points directly at her as not having weekend visitation during the summer visitation weeks.

My question is:

Does anyone here know if rule #6 that I quoted above means that *I* am temporarily the non-custodial parent during the summer visitation weeks, or that she is still the non-custodial parent throughout the whole ordeal, as our decree and visitation order defines.
Two weeks means two weeks. A week is seven days long. If she gets the kids on a Friday then she returns them 14 days later on Friday....if she gets them on a Sunday, the she returns them 14 days later on a Sunday.

If you are trying to say that her weeks only last from Monday to Friday...be prepared to get your butt kicked by a judge. If you are trying to say that her weeks are exactly 7 days long (and not nine by squeezing in another weeknd at the other end)...then perhaps you could get some where.

It really depends on how your order is worded...or how the guidelines are worded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">