• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arkansas Visitation Schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sjohn185

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Does anyone know where I can print an ACTUAL arkansas visitation schedule. I know there is one because I printed one before when we obtained custody of my step kids. but now my daughter is having issues with the father of her unborn child and I would like to have it in writing the schedule.

Also doesn anyone know if there is an age limit before a non-custodial parent can keep a baby overnight??

Hisbabygirl77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

Does anyone know where I can print an ACTUAL arkansas visitation schedule. I know there is one because I printed one before when we obtained custody of my step kids. but now my daughter is having issues with the father of her unborn child and I would like to have it in writing the schedule.

Also doesn anyone know if there is an age limit before a non-custodial parent can keep a baby overnight??

The First Judicial circuit

3. Alternate Major Holidays (In odd-numbered years, Easter, July 4th, and Thanksgiving; in even-numbered years, ****** Luther King Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day): The non-custodial parent's visitation will be as follows:
3.1. Easter visitation will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Easter and continue until Easter Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
3.2. July 4th visitation will commence at 5:00 p.m. on July 3rd and continue until 8:00 p.m. on July 4th. If, however, July 4th occurs on a Saturday or Sunday, visitation will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before July 4th and continue until Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
3.3. Thanksgiving visitation will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day and continue until Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
3.4. ****** Luther King Day will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before ****** Luther King Day and continue until ****** Luther King Day at 8:00 p.m.
3.5. Memorial Day will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Memorial Day and continue until Memorial Day at 8:00 p.m.
3.6. Labor Day will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Labor Day and continue until Labor Day at 8:00 p.m.
3.7. If the child(ren)'s school grants extra days for any holiday, the non-custodial parent=s visitation will coincide with the school break. Holiday visitation shall take precedence over the regular weekend visitation schedule found in paragraph 1 above, so that a party may lose a regular weekend visitation to another parties' holiday weekend. No make-up time will be given. Weekend visitations will not be adjusted if a weekend visitation is missed/lost because of other visitations set forth in this schedule.
4. Spring Break: Spring break visitation for the non-custodial parent will coincide with the spring school break exercised by the local school where the child(ren) live even if they are not of school age. Spring break shall be considered as a holiday. The non-custodial parent will have spring break visitation on even-numbered years. The spring break period shall begin at 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the beginning of the school break, unless otherwise ordered by the court or agreed to, in writing, by all the parties. If (1) it is non-custodial parent's time to enjoy spring break with the child(ren), and (2) if it begins on a Monday, and (3) if the non-custodial parent's weekend visitation is the weekend before spring break begins, then the non-custodial parent's weekend visitation and spring break will run consecutively and without a break. If (1) it is the custodial parent's time to enjoy spring break with the child(ren), and (2) if the non-custodial parent's weekend visitation is not the weekend before spring break begins but rather the weekend after spring break ends, then the custodial parent's spring break will terminate at 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
5. Christmas: If none of the children are in school, the non-custodial parent's visitation will be as follows: one week prior to Christmas, ending at 9:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve; or commencing at 9:00 p.m. Christmas Eve and continuing for one week thereafter. If at least one of the children is in school, the non-custodial parent's visitation for all children will commence the day after the school goes into recess for the Christmas holiday, and will continue until 9:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve; or commence at 9:00 p.m. Christmas Eve and continue until 1:00 p.m. on the day prior to the resumption of classes. In even-numbered years, the non-custodial parent will exercise the pre-Christmas visitation period and in odd-numbered years, the non-custodial parent will exercise the post-Christmas visitation period.
6. Father's Day and Mother's Day: The father of the child(ren) will always have visitation the weekend of Father's day regardless of which parent would normally have the child(ren) for that weekend. The mother of the child(ren) will always have visitation the weekend of Mother's day regardless of which parent would normally have the child(ren) for that weekend. Father's Day and Mother's Day visitation will commence at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before and will continue until Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
7. Birthdays: The non-custodial parent will have the child in odd-numbered years. The parent who does not have the child in his/her care on the child's birthday shall be allowed to personally present his/her present to the child on the day of the child's birthday.
8. Summer visitation: The non-custodial parent's summer visitation will be fixed at two, three, four, five, or six weeks, depending upon the circumstances of each case. If a three, four, five, or six week visitation period is granted, no more than two weeks will be exercised without at least a one-week break. In this particular case, the summer visitation shall be weeks. Notice as to the time and manner of visitation requested by the non-custodial parent will be provided at least forty-five (45) days in advance of the exercise of visitation. Every effort should be made by the parties to coordinate their vacation schedules in order that the child(ren) will have the opportunity to spend vacation time with both parents. Summer visitation, in the past, has traditionally been considered to be during the months of June, July, and August. Current school summer vacations begin in mid-May and end in mid-August. This must be taken into consideration in setting summer visitation periods. If the child(ren) are to be removed from the state for vacation, the other parent must be notified as to the destination and a telephone number provided where the child(ren) may be reached.
9. Other visitation periods: The visitation noted above will be in addition to all other reasonable visitation. The parties are encouraged to set aside their differences and to work together to ensure a healthy relationship between the child(ren) and both parents. In the event the non-custodial parent shall be unable to exercise a scheduled visitation, or will be late, he or she shall, as quickly as is practical, contact the custodial parent and advise as to the cancellation or length of delay.

imago43

The visitation schedule depends on the judge you had in the custody hearing. Each judge in each district has his/her own version of a suggested visitation guideline. You can contact your attorney's office for a free copy of the ordering judge's guideline or contact the judge's office. Most of them are basically the same, but some acknowledge different holidays (i.e. Easter, Halloween, etc.). You cannot base your child's visitation with the non-custodial parent off of someone else's especially if they had a different judge.

Hope this helps. My childrens' visitation schedule is not the same as the previously mentioned by any means. We discovered that everyone's is slightly different when my childrens' father remarried and had a different schedule with her exhusband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">