• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pissedoff

What is the name of your state? FL

Settled out of court with BM for retro cs to be paid over time (have been on time with all payments) When I file tax returns and i recieve refund. can IRS take refund . No garnishment or judgment on credit.

G

Grandma B

If child support enforcement has a record of your arrears, they will intercept your refund check even without a judgment or garnishment.

ktarra617

Grandma B is correct, I recieve my ex husbands tax return every year and because he's never paid on time it keeps adding up so he never really makes any headway in paying off the arrears.

By the time I recieve the tax return for this year because he hasn't paid since last fall he will have built the arrears back to what they were before I got his tax return last year! and I got 3k last year from taxes.

As long as you stay current it is a good way to get them paid off faster. Sucks I know to be expecting that money and then not get it but look at it this way you may only lose it once or twice instead of having to pay for YEARS to pay off the arrears.

P

pissedoff

More iformation to chew on

Child inforcement does not have copy of arrears nor will they. My lawyers stipulated in settelment. I was not to be garnished or filed with inforcment unless i was 5 months in arrears. Pervious arrears was not my fault due to BM would not take blood test until court ordered. almost 6 months after child was born.

CMSC

Re: More iformation to chew on

pissedoff said:
Pervious arrears was not my fault due to BM would not take blood test until court ordered. almost 6 months after child was born.
If the arrears were court ordered and they were not forgiven then yes they are your fault for not paying. Just because she didn't do a blood test doesn't mean you weren't responsible.

Man, that just gripes me!!!! When did you ask for a DNA test? Did CSE do it or did your lawyer request it?

P

pissedoff

BACK off you Twit

My lawyer requested immediately, She and her lawyer wanted me to admit child was mine refused until court ordered by Judge. I had taken blood test before court ordered she refused to comply until court ordered. Back off you twit. Support was not ordered until after the blood test was done. If you cannot answer question keep you “GRIPES ME” to your-self. Or go take them out on ryry’sdad .

O

onthebrink

Unfortunately, people sometimes tend to impose their own judgments instead of understanding that family court is nasty for both parties. It seems that ryry's mom didn't know the complete circumstances. In most cases on this forum you only get bits and pieces. My question to you is, did your refund check get intercepted and go directly to bm?

P

pissedoff

No I did not get anything. I owed taxes, it was just a question and wanted to see if anybody had a proper answer.

Q

qtpie

My DH is technically in arrears (long story!) and his CS and arrears payment is taken directly out of his check (always has).

DH does not pay interest either on the arrears amount. It is not automatic in our State. BM COULD have asked for that (if she was bright enough), but she didn't.

However, we always receive our refund. We call the IRS first and ask them if it's flagged for an interception. They always say, "No" and we go on our merry little way.

If you have to PAY tax each year, there is nothing to take to give to the BM for arrears. You could always check out the IRS website: www.irs.gov.

CMSC

pissedoff said:
What is the name of your state? FL

Settled out of court with BM for retro cs to be paid over time (have been on time with all payments) When I file tax returns and i recieve refund. can IRS take refund . No garnishment or judgment on credit.
So you lied in this post to get a "proper" response?? You owe taxes and are not getting a refund so why in the hell are you complaining about them possibly being interecepted??? If you owe arrears because you failed to pay because you were waiting on a DNA test then that is too bad but it is not BM fault if you didn't pay court ordered support, that is your own fault!!

YOu said, "Pervious arrears was not my fault due to BM would not take blood test until court ordered. almost 6 months after child was born."

SO maybe I am a TWIT! Because YOU are the one who said you had previous arrears and they weren't your fault because mom did not do DNA test right away. I don't blame any woman who wants a court order to take a DNA test. THink of how you would feel if someone said, "that is not my kid, I want proof."

Maybe I passed judgment??:confused: You are the one who came on here for advice that you didn't really need in the first place and you lied to get it!!

Am I the only one seeing this, maybe so.

Oh and as for ryry's dad, I don't need to take anything out on him. It is your problem you lied to everyone not my husbands.

P

pissedoff

WHOOOAA YA TWIT

Dearest RYRY’S mommy you must really hate I should Rephrase RYRY’s Bio daddy or somebody else who jilted you. I have not lied I just simply asked if “I file taxes and I receive refund what happens.”

Court ordered child support was not ordered until AFTER Blood test was completed and confirmed 6 months later. AFTER it was ordered CS is being paid ONTIME as is RETRO CS. SO you see you TWIT if she would have taken the Blood test when my lawyer and I requested Blood test day of birth no actual if you want specifics we requested Placentia blood test while she was still carrying months BEFORE actual date of birth. I would have started paying right then and there. So there would have been no back CS in question. Thus me saying arrears in question where not my fault, MAYBE I should have re-phrased to say I did not cause there to be arrears because I would have ahhhhh never freaking mind. Lets go back to original post: Settled out of court with BM for retro Cs to be paid over time (have been on time with all payments) When I file tax returns and i recieve refund. can IRS take refund . No garnishment or judgment on credit.

Actual what you should do is change your name to pissedoffryry’s mom it fits your reply’s well

karma1

I think I understand what poster is asking...

poster wants to know if tax refund, if there is one, can be intercepted when CSE is not involved.
I am not an attorney, and you should probably consult one that deals with child support-look in your phone book for free first consult and have your questions ready.
I know my DH has had his tax refund intercepted in the past and they did not notify him until after they took the money-but this was done through the CSE agency.
I'm not sure how this would work when there is a private agreement in place although in some kind of court papers. I would think the CP would have to file something to show NCP is in arrears and is entitled to that money-and when anything is filed, I would think, like that, you would get a copy of the filing and be able to answer it. This is mostly speculation on my part, but also from a little research of my own.
Call around and ask some attorneys.
good luck!

J

judygndr

my ex is going through the same thing,according to massachusetts it takes a mom to be called a mom, but just because she gives birth thta doesn't make you a dad, you didn't give birth. according to massachusetts rules a cso cannot be ordered until a proof of paternity test is done, even though you put your name on the birth certificate. this is to protect the state & the father :)

TNBSMommy

You know, "pissed off" there is no need for name calling. Ryry's mom helps alot of people with her posts, and just b/c you don't like her response is no reason to resort to childish name calling. That really was uncalled for. Personally, I expect more out of my own children, much less an adult.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">