• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney threatens to quit if not paid in full w/secured funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shadowspy

My attorney is in the final stages of my custody battle. He is responding to the final order in SC. He called me and had a two hour reveiw of the order then informs me he wants me to pay all past amounts and secure future amounts with the little property i own. I have already paid out $14,000 to him and am making payments of $500 a week. This isn't good enough for him. He is now telling me he will seek relief from the courts. Can he do this?

U

Ukiah

shadowspy said:
My attorney is in the final stages of my custody battle. He is responding to the final order in SC. He called me and had a two hour reveiw of the order then informs me he wants me to pay all past amounts and secure future amounts with the little property i own. I have already paid out $14,000 to him and am making payments of $500 a week. This isn't good enough for him. He is now telling me he will seek relief from the courts. Can he do this?
There must be a reason why he is asking for this, Right? If you are making payments then he can't complain. If you are not making said payments then he can quit. My advice to you is; If he is a decent attorney, and are satisfied with his work then pay the guy, if not, tell him he's fired, pay him what he's owed and seek new counsel.

He can qiut the case anytime he sees fit, just as you can fire him at any time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">