• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AZ Parenting Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWBAD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Married but in the process of divorce. Wife is pregnant and expecting our child in a few weeks. Although I have offered to help and sent requests each month for information mom has chosen to cut ties and not communicate for several months. I understand that she is angry and is not required to keep me up to date. It hurts everyday not being involved and not knowing how they are doing however.

I just dont understand at what point I will actually get to meet our child if there are no orders in place? Can anyone pease just tell me what is reasonable time after birth to give mom her space but also when is it a good time for me to meet our baby, learn name, etc? Will I be allowed to go to Dr. appointment for two week check up if mom doesn't want to include me?

I have been doing every thing I can to prepare including taking infant CPR and first aid, expectant parent and infant care classes, co-parenting classes, and setting up a nursery. I know I won't get much time at first but I want to help raise our kiddo and be involved as much as I can.

Thanks in advance,

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Married but in the process of divorce. Wife is pregnant and expecting our child in a few weeks. Although I have offered to help and sent requests each month for information mom has chosen to cut ties and not communicate for several months. I understand that she is angry and is not required to keep me up to date. It hurts everyday not being involved and not knowing how they are doing however.

I just dont understand at what point I will actually get to meet our child if there are no orders in place? Can anyone pease just tell me what is reasonable time after birth to give mom her space but also when is it a good time for me to meet our baby, learn name, etc? Will I be allowed to go to Dr. appointment for two week check up if mom doesn't want to include me?

I have been doing every thing I can to prepare including taking infant CPR and first aid, expectant parent and infant care classes, co-parenting classes, and setting up a nursery. I know I won't get much time at first but I want to help raise our kiddo and be involved as much as I can.

Thanks in advance,
As a part of your divorce, there should be custody, visitation, and support orders.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu could attempt to go to the hospital when the baby is born to see your child as you are the child's father.

JWBAD

Yes the divorce is pending but there are no orders in place for custody, parenting time, or child support because there is no child yet.

I will have to wait until there is a temporary hearing to decide these matters in order to meet our child?

I will be really heartbroken if that is what you are saying.

JWBAD

YOu could attempt to go to the hospital when the baby is born to see your child as you are the child's father.
I wouldn't even know what hospital or what day this is actually going to happen so I don't believe that is going to be an option OG.

Just Blue

Thanks in advance,
Why is she "angry"?

JWBAD

I don't even understand that part really. I wanted to work things out but once she was done with me she was done. I have never cheated and there was no other woman or anything like that. We just didn't work. The things that matter to me in life and the things that matter to her in life are not in alignment.

LdiJ

Yes the divorce is pending but there are no orders in place for custody, parenting time, or child support because there is no child yet.

I will have to wait until there is a temporary hearing to decide these matters in order to meet our child?

I will be really heartbroken if that is what you are saying.
The possibility exists that you will have to wait until there is a hearing for temporary orders.

The possibility also exists that she will relent after the baby is born and allow you to meet the child without temporary orders. Give her at least a week to 10 days after the baby is born (assuming that you will find out when the baby is born). She may not feel up to dealing with things for a week to 10 days.

There is also the possibility that she will feel physically bad enough after the birth that she will need/demand your assistance in caring for the child.

JWBAD

Ok thank you.

I will try to look into the process of getting a temporary orders filed and hope to get a hearing not to long after our baby is born.

A week or so before the due date it might be wise to send her a friendly letter letting her know you will be here for the child and will be available to give her help a break or what ever when the baby is born. Kindly let her know that you would like to see the baby after the birth and let her know you understand how she feels and that you possibly could see the baby in the nursery so she don't even have to see you. Let her know you will be there to support your guys baby and to support mom at what ever level that she feels comfortable. Even ask if she needs any last minute things before the bundle gets here. You could always add that even though you guys are not together you are looking forward to the little bundle coming and that you want this to be a joyous occasion for your child. Hopefully extending an olive branch will help. If mom plans on breast feeding it will be hard for you to take baby for more than 2 hours for a few weeks so the baby can get a good start with that. Some babies do fine with switching back and fourth from breast to bottle and some not so much. I hope and pray things will calm down after the little one gets here and you to can come up with an agreement and file a agreed upon stipulation. *hugs*

This is for AZ parenting time might be helpful to read it and start educating yourself! http://www.azcourts.gov/portals/31/parentingtime/ppwguidelines.pdf

Last edited:

JWBAD

I appreciate your suggestion and hugs cheesecake. I will give it another try.

I have sent letters, emails, texts, sent messages through our attorneys, family members, etc for 7 months now. I kept them limited to no more than 2 per month with no response so I just don't believe that will change anything but who knows?

I really can't do anything more on that front. I Just Want to Be A Dad (JWBAD). I have taken first aid and infant CPR class, expectant parent and infant care class, co-parenting class, and also attachment and bonding class. I set up a nursery room with all the essentials from checklists I found online. Bought lots of books too. I have a good job that pays well and also requires extensive background checks so no personal issues or skeletons in my closet.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I appreciate your suggestion and hugs cheesecake. I will give it another try.

I have sent letters, emails, texts, sent messages through our attorneys, family members, etc for 7 months now. I kept them limited to no more than 2 per month with no response so I just don't believe that will change anything but who knows?

I really can't do anything more on that front. I Just Want to Be A Dad (JWBAD). I have taken first aid and infant CPR class, expectant parent and infant care class, co-parenting class, and also attachment and bonding class. I set up a nursery room with all the essentials from checklists I found online. Bought lots of books too. I have a good job that pays well and also requires extensive background checks so no personal issues or skeletons in my closet.
OP - please PM me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">