• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support owed custodial parent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chardi98055

wa state: How is the back child support owed to the custodial parent determined? I have 2 children, one in daycare @ 560.00 per month. The father has sent 150.00-400.00 checks here and there for the past 3 years. Actually for 2001-almost nothing.
I have 30 days to show the judge what I believe the amount of back support should be owed to me. Do I base it on my monthly expenses, my income etc. Or do I base it only on what he's orderd to pay now x 3 yrs, less the amount he paid. The current support amount was just determined on 02/04/02.

Last edited:

haiku

you would determine your ex's arearage by adding up what he has paid you since your first court order, and minusing that total from the amount the court said he was supposed to pay up until the present.

you cannot base it on your expenses or what you think it should be.

it will then be up to him to agree you are correct or prove he has paid more to you than you say.

C

chardi98055

thank you haiku! My first order (temp) was Sept 2001. My first attempt was in late 1999. He has managed to move a couple of times out of state once saying he wasnt served properly. 1st action was a waste of time had to start all over. Finally got a perm order for 490.00/mo. on 02/04/02. So this is why I am confused. I guess I can only go on the payments recieved in the past 3 years. WA state only goes back 3 years. But in court the DA asked me how much do you think he owes you? My question was based on what? Based on the perm order now or on the temp order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">