• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bartender ex does not claim all income!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Redroony2

(I reside in Missouri)
I am currently in the process of hiring an attorney to take my ex to court for support. We have been apart for 1 year & we were never married. My main concern is he does not claim all his earnings from his part time bartending job. His full time job pays approx. $43000 a year & he makes approx. $600 a week at the bar. I went to alllaw.com & used the child support calculator & below is what it gave me. My question is: does the approx. calculated amt. given include mthly. daycare expenses? One of the questions asked is: Amt. of daycare paid by non-custodial parent. (My ex does currently pay all of daycare)
Here is my scenario:

Gross mthly. income non-custodial $5900.
Gross mthly. income custodial parent $1760.
Amt. of daycare paid by non-cust. $450.
Amt. of daycare paid by cust. $0
Non-cust. parent insurance $100.
Custodial parent insurance $100.
(No alimony or c.s. from previous marriage)
Monthly support order calculated = $662.

I do realize this info is for informational & educational purposes only. I am just curious if this amt. includes daycare.
Also, how can I prove the amount of money he makes at the bar if he does not claim everything? Can I have him audited? In the past he has even lied and INCREASED his bar income to purchase an expensive car so he would be approved for the loan.
Any information anyone can give would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Fitgirl
P.S. He thinks he can fight me in court & get away with paying me $200 per month. I only clear $300 per week. I think he is delusional!

M

morning_angel

Unless I misunderstood your post, if he's paying $450 a month in child care, and giving you another $200, he's already paying you $650 a month for one child, plus he's paying half the child's insurance...That comes to $750 a month. If there is no current court order, he could probably stop paying the child care and just give you the $662 a month though, if that works better for you. Just ask him!

[Edited by morning_angel on 07-03-2001 at 07:32 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">