• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bi-Polar mother with custody issues.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AngrilyAngry

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

History: Parents divorce decree states joint custody. Mother has children 4 days a week, and 3 days at fathers. This was established 3 years ago. Mother was diagnosed with bi-polar prior to decree. Mother had an extraordinary situation that brought on a Bi-Polar attack which required 29 day hospital stay. Father files restraining order, and emergency modification pending general modification. Granted, with no proof of anything. Father is a no show for the restraining order hearing. Restraining order dismissed. We are awaiting court. Pshycologist/Doctor say prognosis for the mother is good to very good.

What can we expect? Any information is GREATLY appreciated. We have a lawyer, but I think he is getting the boot. Doesn't think he can do any better than weekend, supervised visits? Seriously? Have apt with another attorney next week, but, my girlfriend is freaking out and misses her kids. Kids don't like being at their fathers. Unsanitary, he leaves them with random people. Shoot, he doesn't even get his daughter ready for school and lets a friend(drunk) do it while he works.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

LostInOregon

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

History: Parents divorce decree states joint custody. Mother has children 4 days a week, and 3 days at fathers. This was established 3 years ago. Mother was diagnosed with bi-polar prior to decree. Mother had an extraordinary situation that brought on a Bi-Polar attack which required 29 day hospital stay. Father files restraining order, and emergency modification pending general modification. Granted, with no proof of anything. Father is a no show for the restraining order hearing. Restraining order dismissed. We are awaiting court. Pshycologist/Doctor say prognosis for the mother is good to very good.

What can we expect? Any information is GREATLY appreciated. We have a lawyer, but I think he is getting the boot. Doesn't think he can do any better than weekend, supervised visits? Seriously? Have apt with another attorney next week, but, my girlfriend is freaking out and misses her kids. Kids don't like being at their fathers. Unsanitary, he leaves them with random people. Shoot, he doesn't even get his daughter ready for school and lets a friend(drunk) do it while he works.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply.

LostInOregon
We? Who is "we"?

Mommy will have to bide her time. She should also remind her boyfriend that it was her own situation which led up to the children being in Dad's care .. and she should remind her boyfriend to show some respect to the father of her children who is still holding down a job while trying to take care of his kids.

Her attorney will know how a local court tends to rule. She needs to listen to her attorney, who knows her case, or hire a different attorney.

AngrilyAngry

Errmm

First off. The kids hate going to their fathers. He is a pill popping redneck that lives in a falling apart home that has fleas and cat urine smell. Boyfriend has/is raising 7 kids of his own. Mom is doing great, just went thru an extraordinary situation. That's it. Someone needs to not be so mean.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
First off. The kids hate going to their fathers. He is a pill popping redneck that lives in a falling apart home that has fleas and cat urine smell.
Hmmmm. And yet Mommy is just fine with him having more or less a 50/50 timeshare. You understand that reflects very poorly on her, right? She's absolutely okay with letting those poor children live with fleas, cat urine and a pill-popping redneck of a father. Unless of course you're exaggerating.

Boyfriend has/is raising 7 kids of his own. Mom is doing great, just went thru an extraordinary situation. That's it. Someone needs to not be so mean.
This is none of your legal business. I suggest you back off and take your bruised ego with you.

You're welcome.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hmmmm. And yet Mommy is just fine with him having more or less a 50/50 timeshare. You understand that reflects very poorly on her, right? She's absolutely okay with letting those poor children live with fleas, cat urine and a pill-popping redneck of a father. Unless of course you're exaggerating.

This is none of your legal business. I suggest you back off and take your bruised ego with you.

You're welcome.
Mexico, dear? I think it is time to return to the beautiful white sandy beaches of Cozumel. What say you?
So much ignorance showing up here lately. Boyfriend needs to back off and shut up. And we need a vacay. (Yes I just returned but I need a constant vacay).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">